Help! From Any MegaPatch Users

Posted by papa_delta 
Help! From Any MegaPatch Users
Date: June 12, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: papa_delta
Doodes,

Have installed MegaPatch on an unpatched version but when I start it up, in practice or quickrace, the pit crew comes out to start the car to my RIGHT, no matter which driver/car I choose. NEVER can I get the car I'm in to be the 'driving' car.

If I select '0' Driver, it does appear to start up and I'm in the car as a driver but have no control whatever over steering, shifting, braking, etc.

All other versions I'm running work perfectly (Official Patch, Flo's BigPack).

And yeah, I first used that button marked 'SEARCH' and can find no reference to this issue.

Any advice?

Papa Delta

Micron 1.8g, 512m, GeForce 3, Microsoft FF Wheel, 1280x1024, 32-34 fps, <100% P.O.

Re: Help! From Any MegaPatch Users
Date: June 13, 2003 02:36PM
To quote CDN_Merlin, Anyone?.....

Date: June 13, 2003 03:19PM
Posted by: LarryM
The unpatched version is crap. I cannot understand why anyone would go to the trouble of compiling a megapatch for it. I am still waiting for a clever response.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 14, 2003 02:30AM
Posted by: Gunslinger
Well this may not be clever, but i've almost never had any problems at all with GP4. I've had a marshall stuck on the track twice, i've had a missing wheel after pitting....maybe 3 times, and the odd ctd.

I've used Flo's large update without any hassles at all, and used GPxpatch to install different cars, ie: Minardi, a special Jordan, and a great Ferrari. That said, i then saw the Megapatch and DLed it.

After quite a few probs(CTD's etc), this is how i fixed it.

Clean full install (play the sim for a few laps, then close it)
Load the original no-cd patch. (play the sim for a few laps, then close it)
Load the Megapatch.
Launch from GPxPatch (comes with MegaPatch)
Remember to read the read.me to apply changes to your graphics config file.
When in the sim, reconfigure graphics TWICE, close the programme down and restart it.

I'm running at 1600x1200 just fine. I have FPS set to 37 but 43 was recomended. It's often better to go down at least 2fps than what is recoed

I've been racing for two days hardout, no probs at all......until

I stuffed around with the sound option. I'm only getting 2d sounds, and no echo in Monaco's tunnel? I'm using Soundblaster Live on XP. When i set the sound options to 3d EAX surround sound my car sounds correct, but all others kinda "warble". Still trying to fix that one :(

Post Edited (06-14-03 09:44)
Date: June 14, 2003 07:20AM
Thanks, Gunslinger. I'll give this a shot.
Date: June 23, 2003 12:26PM
Posted by: renyf1
for me the megapatch works great.....until i enter the pits....then my PO shots up to 250-300%

also if i view from a camera of another car going into the pits same thing

but its not the whole time in the pits....maybe 2 secs before u enter the pit area for the team and 2 sec after leaving the pit area.....entering the pits and exiting the pits doesn't matter
Date: June 23, 2003 02:13PM
Posted by: shutt1e
look at gp4italia.gpx.it next days.
a gp4.exe v9.6 megapatch 2003 order compatible will be available.

i have'nt any problems on my pc with the old exe too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy