How to make GP4 pit to car radio files

Posted by vodkamartini1 
How to make GP4 pit to car radio files
Date: February 01, 2005 01:01AM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Hello guys, hoping you can provide me with a little info.
Inspired by Tom's sound set, I want to make my own communications, in an attempt to make it a bit more realistic, a bit more 'chatty' and say a little more.
However the few free sound programs I have downloaded don't make good radio sound effects in distorting the voice I have found (WavePad and GoldWave).
Does anyone know how to achieve a realistic radio-voice sound without having to resort to using walkie talkies? I would have Emailed Tom himself, as he asked to be Emailed with any questions, but it would appear he never put his E-mail address in the README file.
Any info or help would be great, thanks :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2005 01:01AM by vodkamartini1.
Re: How to make GP4 pit to car radio files
Date: February 01, 2005 02:20AM
Posted by: Nik_I
try using 2 walkie talkies. talk into one and have the other next to a microphone
Date: February 01, 2005 06:39AM
Posted by: Briere
or do like I did ;) Record your voice in a kinda tunnel, and the sound's gonna be much closer to what you could expect :P
Date: February 01, 2005 01:59PM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Hmm, where am I gonna find a tunnel, plus I haven't got anything to record into away from me comp :P!
The walkie talkies would work, but surely there must be some way to filter it in a program. GoldWave has a redio option but it is mor elike a machine, you can also set the frequency but it doesn't give distortion like a radio, just whiney and metallic, and the reverb and echo don't seem to work either, unless anyone has any settings they could share?
Date: February 02, 2005 12:18AM
Posted by: danm
im going to conduct a series of recordings at university this week of random adults/older people talking into a plastic cup/walkie talkie combo of some f1 pit radio sounds :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 02, 2005 01:19AM
Posted by: Nik_I
thats cool.
Date: February 02, 2005 01:22AM
Posted by: danm
indeed. im going to prey on the strange german kid who sits near the window to be the mclaren guy :P

*warning, sound pack to involve swearing :P*

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy