Performance values problem

Posted by m96maggu 
Performance values problem
Date: January 27, 2005 01:15AM
Posted by: m96maggu
I am playing with Nicola A's 2004 physics package and perfomance values.
In qualifying I get whipped backwards and forwards by the AI cars (playing on pro level) but I can usually set fastest lap in the race and, with a good start, actually challenge the leaders.
None of this is too surprising since the perfomance file has significantly higher values for qualifying than racing. For me it is not very realistic though...

I was wondering how other people deal with this issue?

For the record, my race set up is basically the same as my qualifying setup, typically with the only difference of changed ride heights and sometimes small wing adjustments.
Re: Performance values problem
Date: January 27, 2005 05:55PM
Posted by: Wirah
Setups work great with me, however I'm using Vizu's currently, check his out.

Date: January 27, 2005 09:19PM
Wirah,

Do you mean that your qualifying setup is significantly different from your race setup and they let you be equally competeive in qual and race?

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know who Vizu is or where I can find his setups?

Date: January 28, 2005 09:18AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
In the "read_me" of performances pack is clearly written that "realistic laptimes and difficulty" can be reached at ACE level...You are playing at Pro...You can' pretend to find the same difficulty as in ACe level.
Regarding other people making performances: honestly, only "Walther Rohl", from GP4 Italia, has developped real GP4 performances, with a similar method to mine, without compiling performances texts, or Physic file, or magics...in a casual way, like some other one made. Furthermore, keeping ideas from my files..
Date: January 28, 2005 06:16PM
Nicola,

I have seen that in the readme but I didn't pick up on the significance of it in this context, sorry.
However, wouldn't the difference between qual value and race value generate procentually the same perfomance difference for the AI cars regardless of level?

I also thought that bhp was the same for both Pro and Ace?

Clearly there is a whole lot more to this than I thought...

Date: January 29, 2005 09:30AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Dear mate,
the first thing I have to say is that..completely realism in GP4 will be never possible, and some performances that for certain people can be good, for other people cannot be. With this, I mean that surely my performances cannot assure to all people the same sensations.
But: Ace level and other levels, starting from Pro, are different in bhp values and driver grip, in magics. This means that Performances at Pro level are more easy than at Ace, and bhp are not the same , although perf text is always the same, from ace to rookie level.
Regarding the difference between perf value in race and qualify, I think that driving performance for only one lap, as in qualify, is proportionally higher than a performance divided over all the race ( 70 laps..for example).
Furthermore, car perfomances are implemented in race lowering the fuel quantity.
Therefore, the final balance between car and CPU driver performances in race is well reported, in my opinion, with the difference of perf value, that You said.
But my final conclusion is: nothing is perfect...all can be improved. So, with a right method, everyone can try to do a good set of performances. I never told You my performances are the best...
Date: January 29, 2005 02:45PM

I never critized your perfomance pack, just trying to understand how this stuff works so that I can find out how to modify it to what works best for me. Reason I started this thread was that I wanted to know if the best approach is to find a very fast but short lasting setup for qualifying, something which I have never been able to do.

I am not interested in realism, all I am trying to achieve is to have a pretty even race with the cars that qualify a little bit quicker and a little bit slower than me. Should make for some great racing.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying some things for me. I did not know that grip levels varied with difficulty and I thought bhp was only different between the first four levels. Now I know and I will stop bothering you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy