CSM And Teameditor Problem

Posted by smorr 
CSM And Teameditor Problem
Date: January 20, 2005 10:41PM
Posted by: smorr
okay, i make a carset w/out the cameras. the cars swap and everything. the one problem is CSM says invalid car/cam file. skipping cameras. is this because i did the cameras in teameditor?

Also, will there be a new team editor, with the 2005 order in the carshapes list? and a fix to the fact that the textures go over the arms color, so the textures have a fuuny look to them unless the arms color is white?

just curious.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Re: CSM And Teameditor Problem
Date: January 20, 2005 10:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
1 what version of csm? sounds like an old one
2 huh?

____
Tony

Date: January 20, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: smorr
in both .8 something and in 1.25, although the one in 1.25 dosent show the message, so maybe it is there but i dont see it changed, the second question is more for lo2k. i saw one day that teameditor dosnt like textures to much. take a renault and put the textures in teameditor, they apper wierd, they only way i have solved this is make the arms color white.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: January 21, 2005 09:51AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Arms are displayed in TeamEditor as they should appear in game.
As game is using a white texture and adds it a tint filter, I used the same process in TeamEditor.
Anyhow, if you want to use a colored texture, you can simply use a white tint color for arms and it will be ok.

Date: January 21, 2005 03:34PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Use CSM1.25, you just have to put the .car file in the 'patch' folder, that's it. No swapping of files needed!

About TE: Try flipping your textures and don't use the psp8+ tga-filter! The arms use a default white texture that gets a colored overlay in TE and GP4 so I don't see how car textures and arm colors are connected.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 24, 2005 11:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
@Lo2k
i'm using TE2.4 but if i change slot name to WalterWolf, it comes up as Walterwolf and therefore cant see the shape (i even hexed the .car but it still changes the 2nd W)

i see 3.0 is the latest so i'll try that.

____
Tony

Date: January 24, 2005 12:03PM
Posted by: Lo2k
lol, I can see you're always up-to-date, b-tone ;)
Anyhow, I believe v3 is far better than past versions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2005 12:05PM by Lo2k.
Date: January 24, 2005 03:41PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Yes, the 2.4 version is no match for the 3.0 :)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy