cockpit visor?

Posted by kit-kat 
cockpit visor?
Date: June 09, 2003 08:31AM
Posted by: kit-kat
right i have tried the search & cant find anything to do what i am about to ask!!

running gp4 with 2002 update done by people from this forum, with gpx

CAN'T GET COCKPIT VISOR to work even though i have selected it from the menu?

anyone any ideas?
what am i doing wrong?
also my set ups i use in gp4 2001 season are well of the pace in 2002 is this because each car is diffrent i.e ferrari being the fastest?

really like the new updates BUT im thinking of reinstalling the original because of cockpit visor & set ups:(
please HELP ME

Post Edited (06-09-03 15:32)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!
Re: cockpit visor?
Date: June 09, 2003 08:51AM
Posted by: Morbid
Well I think there can be two reasons for this.

Maybe there is a setting in the F1grapics.cfg file that can disable the cockpit visor. I dunno if this is the case, or if it is, what setting could do that. But you could try and replace your f1graphics.cfg file (by backing it up and deleting it, gp4 will generate a new one) and see if the problem persists. If replacing the f1graphics.cfg cures the problem, then you only need to work your way through the file and find the setting that needs to be changed. By comparing the two files, there shouldn't be all that many settings that you need to look at.

Another possibility is that the visor tex files in the circuit files - [circuit].wad - are empty. There are 13 files that you should check, and they can be extracted and viewed with an editor like CSC4 or Gp4master. Look for:

Visorlower.tex

Visorupper00.tex
Visorupper01.tex
Visorupper02.tex
Visorupper03.tex
Visorupper04.tex
Visorupper05.tex
Visorupper06.tex
Visorupper07.tex
Visorupper08.tex
Visorupper09.tex
Visorupper10.tex
Visorupper11.tex

If they are empty simply download some new ones, like Realistic Helmet Visor by Viper, or extract them from the circuit files on your cd, and insert them with Wadupdater.

Post Edited (06-09-03 15:52)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 09, 2003 08:58AM
Posted by: b-tone
this line?
0 ; Enable visor when in cockpit view

a question: does changing the in game menus change the graphics.cfg or something else?

____
Tony

Date: June 09, 2003 06:09PM
MORBID

cheers was the f1graphics.cog file!!!:)
I had changed it to get better graphics with major toms graphics settings!!

can you tell me why when I run gpx patch that my old car set-ups (gp4 2001) are no good anymore?

is this because it changes the physics to 2002?
& can you not put a minardi on pole like you could with gp4 2001 as all the cars were the same?

thanks again for your help you are jedi master!!!;)

p.s you know why is the air box on the toyota's WHITE?:(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 09, 2003 07:10PM
Posted by: Morbid
:)

If physics change, then setups will not fit the new handling characteristics of the car. In GpxSet you can select physics files. If you had a physics file in use before then select it from here. If you didn't then make sure that it is uncheck. Btw, I have the impression that the 2002 package does come with new physics...

As to all the cars being the same, physics will be the same for each car, but hold on... Check "car power team dependant" (also in GpxSet) and now you will always have the same BHP as your team mate. If you are still putting the minardi on pole then I guess you earned it.

Regarding the white airbox on the toyota, then it is probably because the maker didn't map a black section to the airbox inlet. If you want to change that then you will need to fiddle around with the TGA in the TEX-files.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 10, 2003 05:52AM
cheers again morbid

just looked it is running on 2002 physics with car power team dependant tick on!!

as for the toyotas air box think that's way over my head how to change that!! because i was lucky enough to install the 2002 up dates just thank full they were all in a 1 big file that done it all it self!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy