Hotlaps gone crazy

Posted by LarryM 
Hotlaps gone crazy
Date: June 09, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: LarryM
Ok, I understand why some of my hotlap replays crash me to desktop. I suspect, I have changed some team data or something which may cause this.

Howver, I don't understand how a hotlap in Monaco just saved and replayed during same session can go crazy. It behaves in much the same way that a replay with different tyre grip settings (tweaker) does. I mean it crashes into walls and drives all over the place. It doesn't do this immediately, eg. in the most recent case it happened just before the tunnel. In the previous instance at the swimming pool complex. In between I have had pretty normal replays.

Anybody know what's doing this? Is it GP4 tweaker related?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Hotlaps gone crazy
Date: June 09, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: Pirate
I do not know why this happens for sure but I think you need to do the hotlap with the original track? As I remember in GP3 this happened as for car settings the old hotlap comp was run by Oliver Legrande?? And the car data had to be downloaded from his site , something like that, I forget as I have not done this for a long time since GP3! I know all the criteria must be exact I had loads of records I thought I made thrown out on some tech aspect (groan!)
Date: June 09, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: Tigershark
Set the Relplay length in your Graphics menu to something about 1:30 should fix it...

- Sander

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: June 09, 2003 09:52PM
Of course tigershaft. I reinstalled and have not adjusted the replay length.
Thanks!

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 09, 2003 09:58PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Yeah that fixed it for me too,wasn't much of a hotlap though the guy lost his wheel at the first turn at Monaco.
Date: June 10, 2003 01:13AM
Well, it didn't fix the hotlap, but perhaps it will prevent this happeneing again. let's see.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy