Carset Creator4, menu art tab unnavailable

Posted by F1Master 
Carset Creator4, menu art tab unnavailable
Date: June 08, 2003 11:57AM
Posted by: F1Master
I downloaded CC4 and tried to install some new 2003 team art as it told me I needed this utility but when I installed CC4 the teamart tab said it wasn't available.

I had the newest version, beta3, so it should work but the chances of using the new menus now is down the swanny.

Any help?
Re: Carset Creator4, menu art tab unnavailable
Date: June 08, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: MiGueL_BaiN
me too...
I've the same problem with this Program!
Date: June 08, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: b-tone
beta4b was the last release i think.
when you start it you have to click ok twice, then wait a bit.
then import teamart, load tga, export.

____
Tony

Date: June 08, 2003 12:31PM
Posted by: Morbid
he he...

... Sorry, no offence, but it is because you do not have the newest version. The newest version isn't beta3 - but beta4 - dated 4th of september last year.

Go here [carsetcreator.grandprix-x.com] and get it. The Teamart tab does work in this version :)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 08, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: MiGueL_BaiN
lol K, thanks ;)
Date: June 08, 2003 02:05PM
I don't know about anyone else but even the new beta4 doesn't work either. This time instead of loading quickly and simply like beta3, this one wouldn't even recognise my directory for GP4, mainly because it says it doesn't work with the patched version.

Now who makes utilities these days that don't work for the patched version? Thats stupid, who uses a non patched version anyway......

So both won't work meaning good team art is left to rot and I'm making do with the crummy stuff that came with the game, matching Ralfs face with JPM's name and Mika Hakkinen with DC..........this game - give me strength.
I think CSC4 beta was released before "the" patch was released ;) and you better have some respect for Jon Walton (and other util makers) cause they do their work for you (well....actually for the people who appreciate it.....)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 08, 2003 02:16PM
Now who makes utilities these days that don't work for the patched version?

dunno, but must be a real dumass.

____
Tony

Date: June 08, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Hey! don't say that F1Master! Jon is one of the greates on the net! He made CSC beta 4 when patched version didn't existed yet! So, don't talk without knowing the whole story, ok? ;-( :-(
If you want to make CSC4 work with the patched version, download Gp4 Utli patcher by Reinier Tetteroo at the downloads page of this site... and patch CSC 4. then it will work with the patched version... ;-)
So, please dont' talk agian in that way if people that helped the Gpx comunity a lot like Jon... :(

Date: June 08, 2003 02:28PM
Tell me this then. Why does beta3 work with my patched version yet beta4 doesn't?

Are you telling me 4 came before 3?

I appreciate the work done by all authors that bother to do this, but if it doesn't work for what is widely regarded as the best version (patched) then whats the point of it? None.
Loads of people play without the patch........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 08, 2003 02:36PM
whats the point of it
you're not forced to use it, but its the only way to change teamart (for atleast 30 minutes;) ) and there are ways to use it with the patched version.

____
Tony

Date: June 08, 2003 02:38PM
"He made CSC beta 4 when patched version didn't existed yet! So, don't talk without knowing the whole story, ok?"

If thats the case then fair enough, I never said his utility was rubbish I just had problems getting it to work - whats wrong with that?

"download Gp4 Utli patcher by Reinier Tetteroo at the downloads page of this site... and patch CSC 4. then it will work with the patched version.."

hahaha, so not only do I have to patch this game none stop but I have to patch the utilities that help the game too.......I spend more time modifying this game than actually playing it.
So save some time and stop moaning about it...... ;)

www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 08, 2003 02:48PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Hey, if you haven't appreciated my advice... don't follow it. that's not a problem. I wanted only to help. Sadly utils are done for a version of the game by amateurs, so we can't do all we want. We have to adapt. It's life... ;)

Date: June 08, 2003 04:29PM
Hey F1Master, take a chill pill man.

We want to help, sure we do... no question about it. And we want you to have a nice stay here as well, perhaps make some friends if you wish, and have fun playing the game.

Granted, GP4 is not as easy to mod as many other games, but the seed for your frustration was planted many moons before the release of GP4 - namely by those that coded the game - and not by the creators of the editors.

Don't hit those that want to help you and try to make your game better... The people that made the code you use for free actually DO read the stuff you post. And the programs work fine. Some of us even spent a fair share of our spare time together with the coders, to make them easier for you to use. And believe me, it is a LOT easier to edit the game now than it has been.

You just need to get past the learning curve. Once you have done that, you'll be alright.

Post Edited (06-08-03 23:38)

Date: June 08, 2003 04:43PM
Posted by: dave
And if you had come he and asked a question, rather than whinging about programs, everyone would have been keen to help.

Date: June 08, 2003 04:48PM
Heck, the author CSC4 had probably even have answered the question himself... If it had not been "Okay everybody - yell real loud at Jon (and others)" day today...

Date: June 09, 2003 11:38AM
Posted by: tux
(if i offend anyone then tough sh!t, im p!ssed off coz someones anoyed me, no it wasnt someone on the forum ;) :))

"Tell me this then. Why does beta3 work with my patched version yet beta4 doesn't?

Are you telling me 4 came before 3?

I appreciate the work done by all authors that bother to do this, but if it doesn't work for what is widely regarded as the best version (patched) then whats the point of it? None."

because beta3 didnt cehck the version

"So, please dont' talk agian in that way if people that helped the Gpx comunity a lot like Jon... "

awwww ;)

oh, btw i wont be happy if ppl dont read the readme what comes with the patcher, if i hear "ok, i patched csc4.exe and now it @#$%& corrupted gp4 :@" i will shout, really really, really looooooooouuuuuuuud :) (so loud that mikahalpinen could hear me ;))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy