Car Sound

Posted by joel 
Car Sound
Date: June 08, 2003 07:53AM
Posted by: joel
is there i section where i can find car sounds to GP4 ???
Re: Car Sound
Date: June 08, 2003 08:55AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
No, there is no soundeditor available for ingame sounds. Only menu music can be edited with jons editor.

Jon Walton release the code of his tracksoundeditor because he and Tet dont have enough time to finish the work.

I dont know if there`s anybody who works/ will work on them. So i dont know if we ever get a soundeditor for gp4 :( .

Anyone other has some infos?

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 08, 2003 11:34AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Well, I've read on a Gp4Italia forum that Cool edit pro is able to edit Gp4 in-game sounds... but I'm really not sure of it... I've still got to check...

Date: June 08, 2003 11:44AM
I've checked again the forum, and it seems that the program is able to open both menu and in-game sounds... if you want to check the forum... [www.freeforumzone.it]. Sorry, but it's in italian... Or just check Cool Edit pro site [www.syntrillium.com]...

Date: June 08, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I think the problem is getting the sounds back into the game. You can edit them, but not get them back for some reason.

I think if GP4Italia knew of one that worked, they'd have used it for the Cart Mod. After all, a Cart car doesn't exactly sound like an F1 car, does it?!

Date: June 08, 2003 02:14PM
Hey! I'm the author of the CART MOD and I've don't used Cool Edit Pro because I hadn't a fast connection to download 16 MB of program. I'm going to try to make CART sounds for the full version of the MOD, but I'm not promising anything!

Date: June 09, 2003 11:41AM
Posted by: tux
i made an editor but didnt finish it, i released the source code but deleted it (wow that rimes ;)) because ppl didnt listen to what i said about distributing it (again)

Date: June 09, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: b-tone
it rhymes with it?
wow. never realized

;)

____
Tony

Date: June 09, 2003 01:06PM
Posted by: Pirate
Thats strange! You make an add on download for GP4 of 26 Mbytes and then you say you have no fast connection to download 16 mbytes of software! What do you think us dial up modem guys are doing with your add on LOL! We have to sit and wait for it to complete! a Tip, try to dowload overnight it works a treat!
Date: June 09, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
16MB is nothing on a 56K really. I can get about 5kb/s, and because my donwload editor takes up limited resources, i can play at the same time. You can do 16Mb in about 1 and a quater hours!

Date: June 09, 2003 05:15PM
Downloading and playing on 56k modem same time? How do you do that?`

I`m using 56k v92 Trust Modem - v92 the new standard in europe. With that modem i get a ping about 140 - 170 (now) on a battlefield server with 64 players. Thinks thats good for a 56k. But i cant download and play a game online same time.

It was very nice to download and reupload the cart mod to our server (www.gp4station.de). Specially with a modem - think i used 2 hours or so *lol*

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Date: June 09, 2003 05:20PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I think he means play on a singleplayer game whilst downloading

Post Edited (06-10-03 00:21)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 09, 2003 05:23PM
hmn, thats no problem - think everybody can do that. ;)

Date: June 09, 2003 05:53PM
Posted by: Vader
Cool Edit Pro is THE wave sound editor together with Steinberg's Wavelab. Even if it's £236.55 for Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and another £180 for Wavelab 4.0. it's worth every penny. Especially if you make music.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 09, 2003 06:02PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I agree Cool Edit Pro is one of the best around, Also a very good wave editor is SAW Pro.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy