Weirdest problem?

Posted by daz1976 
Weirdest problem?
Date: September 20, 2004 01:02PM
Posted by: daz1976

Hi All

Posted earlier with a prob that I sorted but weirdest thing. Have GP4 V.1 and installed the 2003 easy patch by Enzojz and others. Saved a helmet from it into Taga then edited and saved but kept in same format etc. Expoted tp GP4 and when I play GP4 the helmet is not there. Go back to Helmet installer or Carset creator and import and it omports my helmet but its not in the game. Also graphics reset themselves every time I go back into gp4. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers for any help.

Daz
Re: Weirdest problem?
Date: September 20, 2004 03:42PM
Posted by: Lo2k
What helmet did you changed ?

Date: September 20, 2004 04:06PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i know what ure thinking LO2k, but he said he has V1, not 1.02, so that shouldnt be the problem

Date: September 20, 2004 06:59PM
Posted by: patricio
I have V1.02 and have the same problem, i'm trying to install both Sauber helmets and one Toyota helmet , and when i go to the game shows the old helmets.

thks
Patricio
Date: September 20, 2004 07:01PM
I have V1.02 and have the same problem, i'm trying to install both Sauber helmets and one Toyota helmet , and when i go to the game shows the old helmets.

thks
Patricio
Date: September 20, 2004 07:26PM
@Korn_Freak: well done but he was not using v1 afterall ;)

@Patricio: So it might come from the fact with v1.02, some helmets are stored aside in yourgp4folder\Cars folder. Just copy/paste your new .tex file here to overwritte existing ones and it will work :)

Date: September 21, 2004 10:33AM
You were right Lo2k. It seems that when I installed the 2003 update it made my GP4 exe into 1.2. I saw a similar thread here yesterday after searching and it seems that yes, a few of the helmets are in the cars folder in tex format on the v1.2 so I replaced the Da Matta helmet in that folder and bingo! It worked.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Daz
Re: Weirdest problem? (Solved)
Date: September 21, 2004 10:34AM
Date: September 21, 2004 10:43AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Korn_Freak: well done but he was not using v1
> afterall
>

yeah even tho he thought he was :P

Date: September 21, 2004 11:40AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
That's a bit weird how some helmets are stored in the Cars folder rather than the wad. Do we know of any particular reason for this, or is it one of those really bizarre GP4 things?
Date: September 21, 2004 12:17PM
Posted by: six degrees
they didn't include a full cars.wad just to update a few textures (mixed up driver helmets) with the patch to keep the size of the download down - they just made teh exe look somewhere different for those textures, external of the wad. simple as ;)
Date: September 21, 2004 12:17PM
I would say the second: One of those really, REALLY, bizarre GP4 things :P

Date: September 21, 2004 05:43PM
i've tried doing the copy /paste but didnt work...
thks
Patricio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy