overclocking and tweaking tools for Nvidia

Posted by raztahz 
overclocking and tweaking tools for Nvidia
Date: September 13, 2004 11:40AM
Posted by: raztahz
whats a good and recommended overclocking and tweaking tool for my gfx card??
where can i download it?

Nvidia Geforce ti4800 128mb 8x AGP Directx 9.0c (absolutely terrible!)

Re: overclocking and tweaking tools for Nvidia
Date: September 13, 2004 11:49AM
Posted by: SeiferNL
uhm gforce tweaker or coolbitz try www.guru3d.com
Date: September 13, 2004 11:55AM
i went there, does it help?

Date: September 13, 2004 11:59AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
That's not a terrible card, its good!

Coolbits is the best, its just a registry edit (done automatically) which unlocks the overclocking tility built into all Nvidia drivers. Google it.

Increase one by 5mhz at a time, run 3dmark, if no odd textures or colours (artifacts) then keeep increasing that one (either core or memory) until you do see them. Then decrease by 10mhz to be safe. Now, with that done, do the same with the other (memory or core) until the same occurs. Now decrease 10mhz. Now with normal cooling, you're maxed out. With an Arctic Cooler (about 8 quid) you could decrease gfx temps by 10 C so that's more overclocking posssible.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2004 12:08PM
no not the card the directx version

thanks for the advice, cheers!

Date: September 13, 2004 12:21PM
jep a lot you can manually change the clockspeed with explaination in it just install it easy trying and you can rest it back to the default or automatically if you want quality or performance personally manually is better dont overclock it too much though
Date: September 13, 2004 03:38PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi,
I have a Nvidia GeForce 4600Ti 128mb 4x agp.

I have seen coolbits before ut it looked very scary lol. I really don't want to blow up My card or mobo or any other thing in my comp. I have 1 120mm Case fan at the back
another smaller 1 at the back and a small one as the front. i have a coolermaster (aero 7)??? i think thats what its called for my cpu and a built in one on my gfx card. Is there anyway that I can overclock and gain a noticable performace increase with the smallest risk possible. Is it worth the risk. I don't use 3d mark btw.

Thanks

Regards
Willb
Date: September 13, 2004 03:59PM
hummm download gforce tweaker
if dont know what you are doing just download gforce tweaker under you will see set for quality or foir perfomance do what you like also www.omegacorner download the latest driver when you read the readme and you are going to install you will be asked install performance driver or quality choice what you like if you need help i can help you you can also edit manually with gforce tweaker just read the forum from guru3d they are great overclocking crew they can also help you when you are manually editing the drivers do what you like

keep me up whats happening
Date: September 13, 2004 05:24PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
You wont damage the card if you're sensible, if you go up in incriments of 5mhz a time until you get mild artefacts (odd textures) then decrease it. It wont damage it, just be sensible.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2004 06:33PM
yes he is right dont take to big steps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy