GP4 Network Problems

Posted by montoya03 
GP4 Network Problems
Date: June 02, 2004 09:50PM
Posted by: montoya03
has anyone experienced problems with the GP4 multiplayer TCP/IP racing?

the problem i have is: I host a session and other players join fine. after the loading is done and game is on. It pauses randomly every 1-2 seconds for about 1-2 seconds at a time.

But when a player leaves, so just the host is left, the game runs fine.

Any Ideas????

Please Reply.

Thanks
Re: GP4 Network Problems
Date: June 02, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: Beostar
Prolly one of the PC's is having some network problem see if there isn't a bottleneck in any of your cables or you forgat to used cross cabled cat 5 wires or something. Depending on your configuration.

I play GP4 network all the time with my bro and works like a charm but when we play with 3 it does tend to pause sometimes but not as often as with you.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Greetz
Beo
Date: June 03, 2004 01:25AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
if opne of the PC's is not so powerfull it might have influence also, as the others will "wait" for that one...

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: June 07, 2004 07:52PM
Please can anyone help me?????

I really want to network it but it won't work.

there must be some solution..

Please Reply.
Date: September 12, 2004 11:08PM
After posting this topic month's ago, i am still having the same problem. :(

I cannot figure what it is, i've tried everything, does anyone know what it could be?.

I tried the IPX Network suggestion, in another topic and it finds the session, but when attempts to join it just freezes for about 10secs or so and says it has failed. :(

I have tried to network GP3 also and it is the exact same problem, so anyone who plays GP3 or GP4 could help me???

Please Reply, thanks

Montoya03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2004 11:09PM by montoya03.
Date: September 12, 2004 11:37PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I certainly raceGP3 networked, it runs like a charm. In network neighbourhoood, is the other pcs visible? ie John's PC, Bob's PC and yourss can all be seen by each other? Sounds like its aa physical network issue to me

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2004 06:14AM
Posted by: schuee
Had a similar problem myself with tcp/ip then installed ipx/spx on both systems and it runs perfect.Also as mentioned above if your systems are of differant specs,you might have to have some trade off on settings in graphics to compensate the slower pc.
Pity you can only race in gp4 in Lan.Miss the Lan play from Gp3.(qual,race whatever)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy