upgrading form gp4 1.00 to 1.02 is it worth it?

Posted by darrenj 
upgrading form gp4 1.00 to 1.02 is it worth it?
Date: September 10, 2004 09:35AM
Posted by: darrenj
I recently got a gp4.exe from steven (bigbrother) along with is car season package and pitcrew all for 2004 and all works really well (thanx steven) . After MONTHS of migranes trying to get the game to work; white cars twisted helmets 4 jaguars no renaults, mixed names and helmets, its all effing works. I have a small desktopcrash when I exit the pit or exit the race, other than that, works well,
Rene SDI told me it could be a sound/music issue and I should update to 1.02
I ask you is it worth the effort, does that mean recracking and repatching, the gp4.exe. Will it still be a working 2004 season?

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the humanity of it all!
Re: upgrading form gp4 1.00 to 1.02 is it worth it?
Date: September 10, 2004 09:45AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Hmm..I was about to say 'yeah sure. Go for it!'

1.02 never crashes, and all the other gear works, or can be made to work with it. You may need to get Reinier Tetteroo's GP4 Util Patcher though. I found this tool invaluable with 1.02.

It may be best to wait for a second opinion though, I haven't had a drink yet so i feel......strange.
Date: September 10, 2004 09:49AM
Posted by: darrenj
what kind of drink
do we need professional help?
Date: September 10, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: jp2
MONTHS of migranes trying to get the game to work; white cars twisted helmets 4 jaguars no renaults, mixed names and helmets

Lmao.. We all had this, dont worry. GP4 can drive you insane :-)

I ask you is it worth the effort, does that mean recracking and repatching

Well, you have to be aware that they messed with some helmets and cars in the patch (some issues with villeneuve), so your cars.wad will not be 100% as accurate as it is now... your head might start aching again.
Further, as said above, you need new editors (most of them available for 1.02, or try the mentioned util-patcher which i personally never needed)

And dont expect all CTDs to be fixed by the patch. but its worth a try.

i'd recommend to backup your GP4-folder before you do any patching. good luck, jp
Date: September 10, 2004 06:56PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well i tried to update to 1.2 when gpxpatch 3.80 didn't work on version 1.00 and had a hell of a time to change it, it never worked to change it so i kept with 1.00 and then SDI made it working again with 1.00 I have never got a problem with crashing the game. It can be possible that the game crash due to use of an editor. I updated once pitcrew with carsetcreator and my game crashed. So mayby that can be the cause! So don't think 1.2 is better then 1.0
Date: September 10, 2004 08:52PM
Posted by: harjinator
I would personally say NO! I had endless problems with 1.02...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
if its ccrashing and u have xp, try the compatability wizard. it made my gp4 stop crashing. set it to 98/me

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: September 11, 2004 08:25AM
Posted by: BenAD
I run 1.02 under xp and have no problems at all, but if your going to patch it I suggest you do it from a clean install of Gp4 to avoid problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy