Trouble setting up 3 axis on with Thrustmaster F1FFB

Posted by vodkamartini1 
Trouble setting up 3 axis on with Thrustmaster F1FFB
Date: September 06, 2004 01:19AM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Hello there guys,
I hope you can solve this problem for me. I have jsut got the Trustmaster F1 Force FeedBack wheel and have managed to get it working with GP4. However I have only managed to do so by having Accelerate and Brake on the same axis (Y) meaning I am only being half as accurate as using the 3 axis system would allow.
However I have followed all of the guidelines that Thrustmaster website/help file has said to do, and followed the procedure to a T - opened the thrustmapper bar, chose my GP4.exe, selected 'seperate axes' for the brake and accelrate and saved the prest. However when I get to the calibration screen in GP4 it will not recognize the Z axis, only allowing me to have it both on the Y. though it works fine like this I know I am missing out. I have checked on control panel and it only recognized 3 axes being in operation when I have the thrustmapper program open - when it is closed it goes back to the automatic 2. However GP4 should recognize it being a 3 axis as I have asked Thrustmapper to do so. Is it a conflict and cannot be resolved?
Please give me any help you can because though it is still great, I am still missing out. I had a 360 Modena and I did not use the Thrustmapper software, but GP4 allowed me to have 3 axes on that (Y for acceleration and Z for brake) but I can't remember if did a lot of luck fiddling to get that to work.
Please help me - it would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks,
Iain
Re: Trouble setting up 3 axis on with Thrustmaster F1FFB
Date: September 06, 2004 12:05PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB too and never got troubles with it but I never installed Trustmapper and always used control panel and set 2-3 axes.

There's just a particularity with it and GP4:
- that wheel only work with blended trottle/brake axes with GP4 installed straight from the CD, if you use separated axes, you will have much trouble in menus as focus go down all the time.
- with patch 9.6, the same thing happen but for reverse setting: meaning game works perfectly if you set separated axes and menus are causing troubles if you're setting common axe.

So be sure to check what version of GP4 you're using and that thrustmapper is not another cause of troubles (it has been known for troubles of any kind before).

Good luck.

thanks for your help - I have 9.6 installed and my GP4 is 1.02. I agree that Thrustmapper may be causing trouble - though I have it disabled as of now so I don't see why it should effect it. In the control panel there is no choice to have it switched - it is only controllable through thrustmapper. Do you think if I deleted Thrustmapper the Control Panel may then allow me to choose switched axes?
I know GP4 can handle it so why won't it let me do it :(!!!!!!!!!
Re: Trouble setting up 3 axis on with Thrustmaster F1FFB
Date: September 07, 2004 11:59AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Separated axe command is in Control Panel\gaming devices(not sure its the right name)
You should see your Ferrari FFB Wheel, click on properties and you should have a separated axes checkbox on the bottom left if I remind well.
Else, I think you should re-install latest drivers. Beware, there's a matter with very latest one, I personaly use 2.6.3 ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy