mp4/18 WIP

Posted by kjdesigns_2000 
Re: mp4/18 WIP
Date: June 06, 2003 01:33PM
Posted by: Alex13
Chilllllll
U guys do like ppl who download new cars care about who is making them.
On the other hand using someone elses work as a base, without having asked first is not ""fair""

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 06, 2003 01:36PM
Posted by: Spike02
alex, if he had asked me for permission prior to revealing these screens, i would have happily obliged, but to claim that it was developed from a default shape when it's obviously not, now that totally makes me angry

Date: June 06, 2003 01:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
Y has always said to me if anyone sued his cars all he wanted was credit for the base, he wud always let them use them tho

If its Y's im sure there wud be no problem if he gave credit to him, just not giving credit is leeching and this is why Ralph Hummerich stopped, do we want to lose Y's cars too?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 06, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: sasjag
"alex, if he had asked me for permission prior to revealing these screens, i would have happily obliged, but to claim that it was developed from a default shape when it's obviously not, now that totally makes me angry"

yeah, i even asked if it would be ok to edit it for personal use :D:P ;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 06, 2003 02:11PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Wai, please continue with your Sauber and McLaren. They both are already amazing. It would be a shame to stop building them just because of this... Please rise above this and kick ass with your new works of art ;)

KJ, you tell us you only modified the front, how come the rear is the mp4/17D's?

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: June 06, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Good point Erik, if it would have been build from a original it should look like a original and never to mclaren mp4/17D.

I find it very familiar as well. If you would release i would be delighted to check with on of Y's cars just to see who's wrong...

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: June 06, 2003 02:38PM
Posted by: Spike02
exactly, the mp4-18 has no exhausts like those seen. the flapups, which are identical to my 17D are also there when the 18 ones are totally different. an obvious rip

Date: June 06, 2003 02:51PM
Posted by: broders
i cant believe what this guy has done.
he says he edited the original mclaren, only editing the front end. and it is clearly wai's 17D !!!

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: June 06, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: tux
are we still waiting for a reply form this guy :-o to me, that makes him look very guilty

Date: June 06, 2003 03:02PM
Posted by: GP4_RULEZ
IF!!! the car is build from the original... He must look better @ the Mp4/18 !!

The air intake is from the 17D de back wing to exept for the nose (that looks terrible though) it's a MP4/17D. And I don't even have to see this car to notice that this is a BAD ASS rip off. The original car looks great! But look what he made of it! It's a shame!

Realy I thought that the leeching was over. But it's coming back again!

First the trust minardi that's published here it's obius a rip off from the minadi of bojan, no readme included that give's credits to Bojan. And now this shameless Rip off. The communitie is dying because of these guys. The try to get famous with the works of others!!!

It's a bloody shame!

(sorry for bad english)

Don't have a sig.. Ow wait I have now :D
Date: June 06, 2003 03:04PM
Posted by: GP4_RULEZ
I don't think we wil see him ever again trust me :P

Don't have a sig.. Ow wait I have now :D
Date: June 06, 2003 03:44PM
Posted by: Kill Me Not Speed
Just got one thing to say........................***RIP OFF***

We all like having the new cars but if someone comes along and nicks someone work and then claims its theres, well its just wrong and they must die :) (Well a good slapping anyway)

Please keep up the good work Spike02, we all want your MP4-18
so keep on with it.

HAVE FUN !!

Speed is a gift, use it wisely
Date: June 06, 2003 05:01PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
pretty obvious i guess haven't seen a single default shape with that kinda rear-wing :{

Date: June 06, 2003 05:12PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Wow,
I don't check the posts for a day or two and it's like a bloody war!
Is anyone pregnant or has anyone been shot?
I love this programme..................
lol
Bet this won't happen much, or will it..

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 06, 2003 05:59PM
Posted by: Fieroboy
GP4 mods are getting quite political...lol
Date: June 06, 2003 06:43PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
To be fair, the Trust Minardi comes with this pic obviously crediting Bojan as shown below (Even if he has spelt his name wrong!! ;))

if its Masuzoh Trust Minardi your on about, anyway still can't stop the fact that this McLaren talked about is a blatent rip off!

Keep Up the great work Spike02, Don't leave us!!!

Ian

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 06, 2003 08:50PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
*no comment* =|

you're dead, KJ

Date: June 06, 2003 11:13PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
To Wai( Kudoz):
I can understand your opinion about this preview.
Looking at the first screen, I saw rear wings..and other things from your car.
But may I suggest to go on with your work, on new Mclaren? This could be the best answer to people are thinking are able to do early and better the car you planned.
Don't pose too much attention to every screen...
On the other hand, also Masuzoh should learn names of authors of carshapes...and should write in a correct way their names on his previews.
"Ciao"
Nic

nicol@cciarri
Date: June 06, 2003 11:18PM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
i never said that ' i am gonna thake the credits of each and every part of the car... i started to use this shape till the new mp4/18 was online... from spike i suppose... then even i would have switched the cars... i know these guys work very well...the base car from taken from a rip of cars.wad from a friend of mine as my cd of gp4 has a huge scratch on it and wont work... If i had released it ever then i would have defenetily stated that its a modified car and the textures have been taken from RH. i never want to earn any money or any name from this... so please cut it now... I never knew, to make a car shape you can never even use a car as a background.

Till the date the mp4/18 was released this car was supposed to be in game... i race a ferrari anyways. then i would change to the downloaded car. thats it... if you still find me wrong... then SHOOT me

Date: June 06, 2003 11:52PM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
hey, this is Adheesh... on kj's name .... but this car was made by me for our office use only... we play gp4 multiplayer in office... i race a mclaren and kj a ferrari, and many others are also there. we made this for our personal use only and not spoiil or take anyone's credit. kj has just shown the pics of the edited car, without telling me :( , the car was done in 1 day for just a feel of the mclaren 18. he hasn't made this car and i have done it for personal use only... or rather office use only. i swear this car wont be released and was not supposed to be released either.

he showd me today what wrong i had done after seeing the messages, and i am really sorry for the trouble i had caused to you... especially spike and wai...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy