Peripheral vision.

Posted by Fullers 
Peripheral vision.
Date: August 17, 2004 01:59PM
Posted by: Fullers
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anything you can do to improve the vision to the side of the car in T-cam or cockpit view to simulate your natural peripheral vision. The reason is that I keep crashing into cars that are along side me into corners. When they're in the blind spot, you just have to concede the corner and let them pass, or try to brake latest and hope they concede. Do you know what I mean..? I've tried tweaking mirror angles to get a better view but you just loose the vision further back which isn't any good either. I also tried a T-cam position view further back in the car, but for that to work it has to be too far up and back you loose realism of the driving. It seems more like an RC! THe head movement tweak in tweaker only works when turning, and I only have a switched controller so that's not what I looking for either.
Has anyone tried to resolve this with any kind of success?

Cheers,
Andy.
Re: Peripheral vision.
Date: August 17, 2004 02:49PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Hey, this probably isn't much help, but if I see a car in my mirrors and then I lose sight of him it's probably safe to assume he's right alongside me. If you just control your line and account for the car being right on the racing line if you just drive parrallel to this line and not cut into it I find i can often beat the A.I. on acceleration out of the corner without incedent.

Blindspots are, afterall a part of reality! :-)

As I said at the start, no help!!

Cheers.

Oops, forgot, a three monitor set up or three D goggles might really help!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2004 02:51PM by Razorsedge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy