Green screen during pause

Posted by F1Master 
Green screen during pause
Date: August 14, 2004 02:49PM
Posted by: F1Master
Since re-installing GP4 from scratch I've had an annoying problem. Every time I press pause during game play the screen goes green and none of the track action can be seen at all.

This didn't happen before and I could pause the game at opportune moments to see little details on the car which was agreat feature but now its impossible.

Is there something which I can do to remove this green screen or anything to switch on or off?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2004 02:50PM by F1Master.
Re: Green screen during pause
Date: August 14, 2004 03:19PM
Posted by: MarcLister
This is caused by ATI cards. Some people have implied that they've found a way round it, maybe by using older Catalyst drivers, but then you lose other more useful settings for ATI cards.
Date: August 14, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: fongu
use extended pause with the latest gpxpatch, the green screen only flickers once then

Date: August 14, 2004 03:36PM
Posted by: Caelen
this is caused when AA is used on ati cards, as mentioned above use gpcpatch extended pause mode, and also disable progress bar which will then make loading screens visible again as well.
Date: August 14, 2004 03:37PM
That would answer it then because I re-installed after I got my new system which had an ATI when before I had an NVidia card.

I don't really want to use older drivers for obvious reasons but I'll try the gpx patch thing.

I'll let you know.

Cheers

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: August 14, 2004 04:01PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Awesome, I just started getting this cos im running full gfx settings (with the full AA and AF) and it does that.

I think I've worked something out - gp4 isnt cpu limited, well the framerate is, but nothing else is at all. By changing from GF4 MX to 9700 pro, I found fps stayed at 22, but now I use full settings, with full AA and AF enabled, with no decrease in fps :D

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 14, 2004 05:53PM
Yep, that solution works although the camera pans out and loses the cloe up detail.

Better than nothing I suppose.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

Date: August 14, 2004 09:43PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
gp4 isnt cpu limited, well the framerate is, but nothing else is at all. By changing from GF4 MX to 9700 pro, I found fps stayed at 22, but now I use full settings, with full AA and AF enabled, with no decrease in fps :D

FINALLY ! you agree with me ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2004 09:43PM by Forgotten-Boy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy