Comments on F1 Challenge 99-02 Vs GP4

Posted by Willb 
Comments on F1 Challenge 99-02 Vs GP4
Date: August 12, 2004 09:31PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi all.

I have seen f1 challange for a good price and i was wondering weather or not i sould buy it.

Who has this game..whats it like? What extra stuff has it got that gp4 hasnt..wht hasnt it got tht gp4 has, Also whats the handeling like.

I want to know what you people think of it!.

Thanks

Regards

Willb
Re: Comments on F1 Challenge 99-02 Vs GP4
Date: August 12, 2004 09:52PM
Posted by: Spike02
this is just asking for a huge arguement, plain and simple
Date: August 12, 2004 09:53PM
Posted by: F1Master
The handling is rubbish and the tracks are poorly created, they don't really look like their real life counterparts.

The cars look okay and the graphics are nice although they don't look as realistic as GP4 at all. It does have some nice touches which put gP4 to shame like the animated pit crew, better accesibility, not as many bugs/problems etc.

Its an average game, I bought it and put it down within the week and haven't played it since. GP4 all the way.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: August 12, 2004 09:56PM
Posted by: WaZz
Hello,

just to tell you : don't waste your money !!!!

I got it, and it's so different from GP4... I can't take any corners, I'm always "too fast"....

That's my point of view, GP4 is the best
Date: August 12, 2004 09:59PM
lol thx.
Date: August 12, 2004 09:59PM
Posted by: Alex13
The AI sux. I can only play this game online. It's good only for playing online. Physics are ok, tho it doesnt give you the right "feel", Gp4 gives you that (even tho both games are not very accurate). F1c has MUCH better car sounds, different for some teams, also different wheels for each team. Gfx engine is quite good. Tho just like the physics, it doesnt give you the right feel. It doesnt look realistic enough. Just what I think. I give Gp4 8/10 and F1c 7.5/10

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: August 12, 2004 10:00PM
Posted by: ralphi
oo no... i have a feeling this is gonna turn ugly.. :|

Date: August 12, 2004 10:02PM
lol... i thought it looked quite good.
Date: August 12, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: senninho
Erm... lol - if you post a question like this in the GP4 forum, your responses may be slightly biased ;)

Date: August 12, 2004 10:49PM
Posted by: Xero
I have both, but havn't touched F1C for about a year now! If you want do F1, stick with GP4! F1C has some excellent mods available for download, and would probably make it worth getting tbh!
Date: August 12, 2004 10:55PM
Posted by: senna4ever
GP4 is nice but it looks as if it will die a sooner death then GP3 for example :(

Why?, well there is no new tracks or track modifications or even some of the older tracks available ....... sad :(

Geoff Crammond made damm sure this time didnt he?

Date: August 12, 2004 11:01PM
Posted by: Mack
F1C beats GP4 for me... online play is awesome and you can drive the latest tracks. Ok from a visual point of view GP4 looks a bit better but for me its not enough to beat F1C
Date: August 12, 2004 11:02PM
Posted by: gav
Funnily enough I just started getting back into F1Cs mods today.

Went and got some downloads thinking 'it wasn't that bad, I'm sure I'll get used to it', but it's just so infuriating. Even what's regarded as the best mod for it, ETCC Evolution is shocking. You've got cars flying over the grass at chicanes over taking you. WTF?!

The original is no better, with physics even worse. Driving on glass is a description I see all the time, and it fits. You can't get any degree of confidence in the car, you never really know what's gonna happen next, the trackside graphics are abysmal, the menu system beyone shocking... I'm out of negatives.

Positives - you can assign a wheel button to anything, the sound is very good, and the setup options are more varied than pretty much any other sim I've seen, you get the odd track update (most of which are poor and 80% of the downloads don't work anyway) and online play, but that's never really appealed to me with modern F1 anyway (only really GPL I enjoy online).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2004 11:04PM by gav.
Date: August 12, 2004 11:14PM
Posted by: black_rose
OK lets put this post in a F1C forum and see the responce. WHAT A DUMB thread.

Just 1 thing ;)

I got it, and it's so different from GP4... I can't take any corners, I'm always "too fast"....

Thats because F1C isnt a Rollercoaster sim (i.e GP4 cars seem to be on a rail, even the GP4 lovers admit it)

Just close this thread, its the millionth of its kind, some people like gp4 some like f1c, some like both DEAL WITH IT AND STOP @#$%& STIRRING!!!

The Scarling.
Date: August 12, 2004 11:39PM
Don't see why we can't discuss it... close it if it gets abusive, but at the moment I see no reason.

GP4 seems on rails when you race with steering help on... turn it off and it turns into a sim, neatly dropping F1C in the process.
Date: August 12, 2004 11:46PM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
Sorry for coming into these famous discussions, but here I go XD

Well, some people say that on F1C you don't have control of the car. That's false! You have, sure, but it's not as easy as in Gp4. Braking and turning is a much more complex process, and at least for me it's very realistic. I don't like the graphic engine, neither the tracks (monaco is somewhat awful). But 4 seasons, inline play, and at least in my opinion some great racing moments, F1C is a must buy =]
Date: August 13, 2004 12:06AM
Posted by: black_rose
Update the Tracks then, do you judge GP4 by its original shapes and textures??

The Scarling.
Date: August 13, 2004 12:08AM
Hi, Thanks for all the comments..

First off its not a "WHAT A DUMB THREAD"

Secondaly..Its not the "millionth of its kind" as i got NO, yes 0 Results on the Wonderfully buttton that has SEARCH writtern all over it.

Thanks to all those who posted "constructive critism" ;)

When i was @ the Britsih GP this year at the toyota garragething they have these replica Toyota cvars and u can sit in them and play a f1 sim. I thought it was F1 2002 but i have suddely realised it was F1 Challenge. It was fun...shame about the b*oody auto brakes...The graphics were quite nice and the handeling was fun.

1 Question...Does F1 C have heat haze?

Thanks all

Regards

Willb
Date: August 13, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: quickslick
no, F1C don't have heat haze
Date: August 13, 2004 12:16AM
Not by default certainly, but I'd avoid it at all costs in GP4 too... it's a bit dodgy to say the least.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy