Disabling sound

Posted by harjinator 
Disabling sound
Date: August 09, 2004 08:23PM
Posted by: harjinator
I've found that the best way for my machine to run GP4 is with the souind card disabled. I wondered if there was a way of getting GP4 to do this when it starts up, or failing that, put an icon on the desktop to disable/enable the sound card?

Or is there a file like f1graphics.cfg, but for sounds?

I'mm using Win98SE, BTW
Re: Disabling sound
Date: August 09, 2004 08:44PM
anyone?
Date: August 09, 2004 08:52PM
Posted by: MarcLister
What I do is to uncheck all the buttons in the GP4 sound menu and reduce everything to 0% volume. This gets me a few more fps that way. As for disabling the sound card using GP4 when you run it or using a desktop shortcut, I can't think of any possibilities there. Either disable the sound card yourself whenever you run GP4 or try out my suggestion.
Date: August 09, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
your soundchip or card (?) is to slack it seems. try a new driverfor that and enable full hardware acceleration if its not .maybe.....
Date: August 09, 2004 09:00PM
Tried two sound cards (one inbuilt one and a PCI one) and the result was the same with both-70% just after the game loads, then jumping to 200-300% as soon as the engines start
Date: August 09, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well there must be a better way....a driving game with no sound :(

I have a cheapo 10 5.1 card made by c media, there's very little po hit with it, and its a good card too :D

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 09, 2004 10:05PM
Posted by: Willb
"New sig lladies and gents! Now....what's special about that word in the middle?"

Erm...you can't read it :-p

when my onboad sound chip blew up i had 2 disable it in bios as sound was all crackly and you coulnt understad a thing. When i did this and loaded GP4 The game would ctd at the end of loading. Seems as thought you cannot play gp4 withput a soundcar at least installed.
Date: August 10, 2004 08:24PM
Yeah I found that when disabling both my soundcards.

@qwerty-both my sound chips are CMedia, both give a 100% PO hit. Why? Also, with my card, GP4 won't let me use 3d acceleration.
Date: August 11, 2004 08:21PM
Who needs sound? Something in my computer has started making this stupid whining noise, which sounds exactly like a F1 car going up the gears!! Probably not a good sign, but it's fun while it lasts!

To divert slightly from this topic, anyone know here I can get a self-installing 2004 ferrari?
Date: August 12, 2004 06:37AM
Posted by: Paco
"New sig lladies and gents! Now....what's special about that word in the middle?"

it's the same word wether you read it normally, or upside-down from right to left....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy