> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rod, it's a video on YouTube.
>
> No, Ruben... hehehehehe... ;););)
>
> I want to know what is "Shadowplay"! A recording
> program? A way to play GP4 on Windows 10?

Shadowplay is a software included with all nVidia GTX cards. It has been overhauled very recently, so now not only it records, it also livestreams, auto-uploads videos and recognises many more old games. One of them being GP4. I know your video card is broken Rod but if you manage to snatch a new one, you'll have the software as well.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shadowplay is a software included with all nVidia
> GTX cards. It has been overhauled very recently,
> so now not only it records, it also livestreams,
> auto-uploads videos and recognises many more old
> games. One of them being GP4. I know your video
> card is broken Rod but if you manage to snatch a
> new one, you'll have the software as well.

My new graphical is a GeForce 8400 GS. Can Shadowplay helps me to play GP3 again??? =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Why have I not heard about Shadowplay until now :O

Edit: Oops! Wrong account

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2016 01:56AM by F1_Manager.
Rod_vs schrieb:
> My new graphical is a GeForce 8400 GS. Can
> Shadowplay helps me to play GP3 again??? =D

A) Shadowplay works with your graphics card if you have the latest driver installed (you can check via Geforce experience: http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience
B) Shadowplay cannot at all help you to get a game running. It's a recording and streaming software, nothing more
C) Here you can see how it works: http://www.howtogeek.com/259573/how-to-record-your-pc-gameplay-with-nvidia-shadowplay/
D) If you don't get GP3 running on Win 10 and it's so important for you, why don't you go for a Virtual Machine or dual boot of a Windows 98/ME/XP partition? Depending on how little modded you play, a virtual machine might already be able to help you out with a game as old as GP3. If not, there are ways to get a Win98 version from the Internet and a Win 98 partition including modded GP3 needs what, 5GB?
E) In either of those cases, Google is your friend and will tell you what you need to know with bunches of nice tutorials.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Posting to stay active, also hoping for a good result with our boost
If we end up with another activity check next weekend, I refuse to penalise anyone further. This has gone on long enough.

Next season has to be streamlined, this season will have taken nearly two years to run. I appreciate there's been mitigating circumstances and a dearth of willing RDs, but that's not the sole reason for the way the season's gone on so long. Because it's taken so long, people have failed activity checks and so this slows down the perf and mod-editing processes, taking even longer.

I know I'm not going to be around for next season, but I've invested time into this series and it saddens me that we're in this situation. I know that it's not something that the GPGSL board want to think about, but over the off-season some work needs to be done to get people more interested.

Make the seasons shorter.
Move all of the tables directly to the wiki; wiki editing is quick and easy.
Sort the trackpack before the season.
Schedule three races ahead at a time so people can keep space free to run races.
Double-up on all duties to cover for any unforeseen events.
Don't take a week to post one race when you can do it in a couple of hours.

I don't want to sound ungrateful at all, this is not my intention. I'm just worried that at this current pace, people will get bored and start tuning out. The reason I'm doing this publically is so that people can perhaps discuss things that they think might help; I suggested some of these ideas to the GPGSL board a couple of months back, and although John's idea of creating the track database beforehand came out of it, there's still many other things that can be done.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 schrieb:
> If we end up with another activity check next
> weekend, I refuse to penalise anyone further. This
> has gone on long enough.
>
> Next season has to be streamlined, this season
> will have taken nearly two years to run. I
> appreciate there's been mitigating circumstances
> and a dearth of willing RDs, but that's not the
> sole reason for the way the season's gone on so
> long. Because it's taken so long, people have
> failed activity checks and so this slows down the
> perf and mod-editing processes, taking even
> longer.
>
> I know I'm not going to be around for next season,
> but I've invested time into this series and it
> saddens me that we're in this situation. I know
> that it's not something that the GPGSL board want
> to think about, but over the off-season some work
> needs to be done to get people more interested.
>
> Make the seasons shorter.
> Move all of the tables directly to the wiki; wiki
> editing is quick and easy.
> Sort the trackpack before the season.
> Schedule three races ahead at a time so people can
> keep space free to run races.
> Double-up on all duties to cover for any
> unforeseen events.
> Don't take a week to post one race when you can do
> it in a couple of hours.
>
> I don't want to sound ungrateful at all, this is
> not my intention. I'm just worried that at this
> current pace, people will get bored and start
> tuning out. The reason I'm doing this publically
> is so that people can perhaps discuss things that
> they think might help; I suggested some of these
> ideas to the GPGSL board a couple of months back,
> and although John's idea of creating the track
> database beforehand came out of it, there's still
> many other things that can be done.

Seem to remember I got shut down when I said 1 season should be around 1 year, else you'll have troubles keeping people active.

While I wouldn't mind 10 race per season, it won't be of much help if the gaps between them remain this big.

Cut down the coverages. Harsh, but it'd help imo. 22 screens for FP, results screen only for quali. Race 60 screens at maximum. Or video recording of the race, no editing. That'd be easiest for the RD. Start the recording, start the race, have half an hour to do other stuff, race ends, stop the recording, upload the file to youtube, done. Just make sure that it records properly before, not like last round of GPGNC with 1s ingame = 2s real.

Re moving tables to the wiki, it would take much longer to do them there. Don't know if you've ever seen my files, but I simplified them a lot. Most stuff is filled via formulas, you barely have to type anything of the things displayed. Most work is required pre season for preparing the reference sheet, and when driver changes happen. Removing the GPGCL stuff would cut it down a good bit.
Although, you could also handle wiki results & standings with an excel file, I've got something like that working. Generates the code, just have to copy paste it to the wiki.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 07:39AM by kedy89.
Re next season, given that I spend 9hrs a day at work, staring at Excel spreadsheets, i am quite willing to assist by doing the tables.... if that role is wanting to be offloaded to an experienced newbie.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Perhaps cut race length a little as well?

X (@ed24f1)
I definitely think we'd benefit from a shorter season.

My 2 cents, and opinion for what it's worth :
I dont really need to see a full blown qual coverage of either the Test drivers or Race drivers - it is all about the results. So, for me 22 pics is fine showing the positions - but even then, i whizz through to see where I finished, or where my team drivers are. Not overly concerned at all with checking EVERY single pic. Similar story for the race results - definetely prefer the pics, as i simply don't have time or the patience to watch a 30-60 min race video - when the video is posted, i don't even watch it, going straight to the results image.
So, i may just be 1 person, but for me, video is a waste of time. Many others may be different. Posting, and editing pics for a coverage IS time consuming, but to me, it is far more interesting to look at.

As for length of the season, maybe cutting it down to 10-14 races, with a garauntee (as best as it could ever be given!!! LOL), that at least 1 race is run per month - more races the better!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I'm having a lot of problems with my GP4 running properly. The new GPGSL mod crashes the game, but if I use a different mod, the Silverstone 90 track crashes it instead. I'm at a loss as to what's happenening with it. Other mods work fine with other circuits. I have Silverstone 88 track, but the new mod still crashes that too. Really sorry guys, I've been trying all week to sort this out. To cut down on anymore delays, could someone else take over please?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> I'm having a lot of problems with my GP4 running
> properly. The new GPGSL mod crashes the game, but
> if I use a different mod, the Silverstone 90 track
> crashes it instead. I'm at a loss as to what's
> happenening with it. Other mods work fine with
> other circuits. I have Silverstone 88 track, but
> the new mod still crashes that too. Really sorry
> guys, I've been trying all week to sort this out.
> To cut down on anymore delays, could someone else
> take over please?

Can you send me the track that you were using and I'll give it a try.

Mullet345 schrieb:
> Stoopid Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm having a lot of problems with my GP4
> running
> > properly. The new GPGSL mod crashes the game,
> but
> > if I use a different mod, the Silverstone 90
> track
> > crashes it instead. I'm at a loss as to what's
> > happenening with it. Other mods work fine with
> > other circuits. I have Silverstone 88 track,
> but
> > the new mod still crashes that too. Really
> sorry
> > guys, I've been trying all week to sort this
> out.
> > To cut down on anymore delays, could someone
> else
> > take over please?
>
> Can you send me the track that you were using and
> I'll give it a try.

Check Ruben's sig.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Rod_vs schrieb:
> -----
> > My new graphical is a GeForce 8400 GS. Can
> > Shadowplay helps me to play GP3 again??? =D
>
>
> A) Shadowplay works with your graphics card if you
> have the latest driver installed (you can check
> via Geforce experience:
> [www.geforce.co.uk]
> B) Shadowplay cannot at all help you to get a game
> running. It's a recording and streaming software,
> nothing more
> C) Here you can see how it works:
> [www.howtogeek.com]
> -pc-gameplay-with-nvidia-shadowplay/
> D) If you don't get GP3 running on Win 10 and it's
> so important for you, why don't you go for a
> Virtual Machine or dual boot of a Windows 98/ME/XP
> partition? Depending on how little modded you
> play, a virtual machine might already be able to
> help you out with a game as old as GP3. If not,
> there are ways to get a Win98 version from the
> Internet and a Win 98 partition including modded
> GP3 needs what, 5GB?
> E) In either of those cases, Google is your friend
> and will tell you what you need to know with
> bunches of nice tutorials.

Thanks a lot, John! =D

Genuinely one of the easiest races that I ever ran was the one I live streamed. There was a time for every session, and if someone missed it there was the full video replay or the results picture. No worries about editing, or fiddling with images just everyone seeing what I saw as I ran it.

Maybe I should look into doing some of those again.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
OFF-TOPIC: Is there someone here who plays Gpro?? [gpro.net]

I think it's good that even as a leaving member, Jake still invests thoughts into this and a few of those points will be implemented next season already. A few others, however, are simply not possible, as long as the general idea of the series isn't changed. I don't mean this as criticism, but currently the series is one of a few to many. A handful of people keep the series going while the huge majority 'just' enjoys the coverages and immersion. If more people participated actively, the waiting times could be reduced drastically. Cause in the upmost cases, it isn't workload that's causing the waiting times, but it's temporary unavailability of the one person doing it regularly.

In the light of this, doubling up (at least) all positions is something most of us would appreciate and it's been discussed several times before. If now you come up with a solution to do it when the highest you usually get is people saying they could help, I'm sure everybody will gratefully applaud you for your genius.

A general thing I totally agree to, however, is a change in how the pre-season time is used. In the past, I've often felt that the season opener was rushed although there was still so much to do. This caused further in-season delays because things that could have easily been done in the pre-season had to be squeezed during races. The intention is clear, some people feared that people would lose interest if the pre-season took too long. My approach is that people rather lose interest when there's too much time between races. A pre-season can take 6-8 weeks and I'm sure people interested in the series will still return, as long as it is communicated well enough. And I'm sure, if the result of this waiting time is that the season runs smoothly and quicker than it does now, the absolute majority of the participants will appreciate it. I don't think that a reduction of the races is necessary, because I agree that not the length of the season but the waiting time between the races is the issue. On the other hand, shorter seasons mean faster shots at titles and less preparation work in the pre-season. We could go with the standard tracks that reappear every season plus four tracks that can be voted for and that might not be re-voted in the following season. This way, the majority of the tracks in the trackpack don't need to be altered while the other four guarantee some diversity in the calendar.

Stu has also announced already that there will be a major change in the mod creation system. Ruben's mod is stellar, no argument! Without him, the mod surely would be far off this high quality. However, his idea of always publishing a new public version with every minor change considerably added to the waiting times. Quite often it took another week or more after the perfs were published to get the altered mod and when then, like in Stu's case now, issues came up, two weeks of potential fixing time were rendered useless. Hence, there will only be a few public mod changes over the season. One at the start, obviously, one final version at the end and MAYBE one in the middle. The rest will only be league versions that can be adapted and handed out quicker. I'll also talk to Stu how we make it possible that in best case the mod can be changed before the perfs are published while yet guaranteeing the security standard. It worked in the past so why shouldn't it work again.

Another option to save more time is to outsource the perf check! To minimize the chance for mistakes, we have currently three people of whom one creates the perfs and another checks them. I would be willing to hand out a perf file at the start of the season where everybody can follow up with the perfs by doing their own calculations to check the published perfs within 24 hours of the publication. But this definitely opens the door for mistakes, so I'm not a fan of it, despite one or two days that could sometimes be saved this way.

Last but not least, scheduling races ahead. I know you promoted this idea very hard in the GPGSL board but the tenor was equally hard. You can't schedule races this far ahead, especially not when you have so few RDs. A schedule would require everything to work as smoothly as can be. If we produce one delay for whatever reason, a scenario very likely in a free time voluntary series, the whole schedule will fall apart, RDs will drop out because they only could do it at this very weekend, etc. A schedule isn't the key. What is is having more RDs. My opinion is that the series needs at least 4 regular RDs plus various guest RDs to run properly and smoothly. With this number of people, there should always be somebody who can run the next race spontaneously.

@Shep: Get in touch with Maikel about the results tables. You're officially his backup now. Make sure to stay in touch about who is doing it or what at which time. As always, communication is the key. And unlike the past, we should learn to pull someone in when offered rather than talking indecisively.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy