Megapatch 2003 and official patch

Posted by LarryM 
Megapatch 2003 and official patch
Date: June 06, 2003 01:17AM
Posted by: LarryM
On the third attempt I ifnally got the megapatch downloaded. I downloaded and input the cars.wad. I even made some improvements and made the necessary changes to the F1 graphics.

Only when I tried to play the damn thing did I notice that this has been built on an unpatched version 1.bloody.00. With all the bugs, (for heavens sake, even the menus don't work properly) why oh why would anyone do such an enormous job on the unpatched version. I am furious, cos I spent alot of hours frigging around with this.

Is it possible to patch this with the 9.06 patch? I tried but screwed everything up (theGP4.exe has of couse been edited for the megapatch).
S--t! sh-t! ****! hot

Post Edited (06-06-03 08:18)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Megapatch 2003 and official patch
Date: June 06, 2003 04:14AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I zipped my whole games directory and stored it somewhere before I installed that patch. Always backup before you do something..
Date: June 06, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: b-tone
what bugs does 1.00 have compared to 1.02?
many people prefer 1.00

____
Tony

Date: June 06, 2003 05:29AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Download the patch, and check the "bug fixes" list. You'll see there are many of them. I also like new cockpit_damage.tex texture, much better than the old one.

Post Edited (06-06-03 13:45)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 06, 2003 05:42AM
Posted by: LarryM
No one can prefer the unpatched version. I did a clean install before the patch. My own 2003 version is intact- no problem. It's just that I have spent so much tim e, first downloading (three attempts) and then updating just to discover it is unpatched.

Ok. The rest is quite good. I like the menu videos and the music and the Menuart in general. Some of the cars I have changed.

Is there any chance of the GP4 Italia guys making a GP4.exe and what ever other bits are necessary to convert the Megapatch into a patched version?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 06, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: no. 27
I noticed it, too and must say it's a sad thing.

It seems to be done without a cause.

In memorian: The all time greatest RACER

He didn't really want to win the races, he didn't really want to win the world championchip. He wanted to win every single lap. ...............................Jody Scheckter
Date: June 06, 2003 02:31PM
Posted by: GP4 Junk
can somebody help me to replace the white fantasy car for a car with livery..
I am a complete ZERO as it comes to editing...

FANKS
Date: June 06, 2003 03:55PM
Posted by: FortKnox
to give the order 2003 you have team there two possibilities are
1 rename all the files
2 modify the sequence of the teams inside the Gp4.exe

we have used the second option, very simple and fast to do. doing it with an any Hexeditor is possible.

byez :)

Date: June 08, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: papa_delta
Guys,

Have installed MegaPatch on an unpatched version but when I start it up, in practice or quickrace, the pit crew comes out to start the car to my RIGHT, no matter which driver/car I choose. NEVER can I get the car I'm in to be the 'driving' car. Any advice?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy