2003 wad - build your own in under 30 minutes!

Posted by b-tone 
2003 wad - build your own in under 30 minutes!
Date: June 04, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: b-tone
i've just done a 2002 and 2003 wad from scratch. each one took about half an hour, and they look great with all the top cars by CTDP, Erwin Maliepaard & Guyon Waltmans, Schroeder + Acciarri, Bojan Tarticchio, Wai Keen Lam, Erik van Leeuwen & Duco Lammers.

the 2003 worked perfectly first time, and so did the 2002 one once i'd put the helmet texs back in (it crashes without the helmets but is ok without the car texs)

anyone want a detailed guide?

____
Tony

Re: 2003 wad - build your own in under 30 minutes!
Date: June 04, 2003 06:02AM
heres some screenshots of the 2003 cars:

that last is my own design, and needs some helmet positioning (or a taller driver).

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: mickyf
can i please have a guide to this seaseon

mike
Date: June 04, 2003 08:23AM
Posted by: ricky
Me too, please :)

ricky
Date: June 04, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Paco
I can't get the CTDP's Sauber!!!!!! The link seems to be broken!

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 04, 2003 08:49AM
Posted by: Paco
It's OK, now I can download CTDP's Sauber...

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 04, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: broders
b-tone u need wilson in your car and not heidfeld ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: June 04, 2003 09:57AM
Posted by: ultrafex
Any chance of getting this guide cos the shots u have posted look awesome!! Cheers.

Date: June 04, 2003 11:01AM
Posted by: cynic
Yeah, please post a guide. Would be much appreciated.
Date: June 04, 2003 01:12PM
its pretty hard to explain and i'll lose a few people on the way, but here goes.

each team has 2 cars. each car has 5 files defining the shape. they have names like car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4. the car1 can be car1 or car2. the lod_0 can be lod_0, lod_1 .... lod_4.
so with 2 'cars' and 5 'lods' each team needs 10 gp4 files to work.
many authors only include 2. so if thats the case copy and rename them so you have 10.
(if download comes with car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4 - then make 4 more copys and rename them to car_prost_car1_lod_1.gp4, car_prost_car1_lod_2.gp4 ... car_prost_car1_lod_4.gp4)
When i say "rename the lod to williams", i mean take the original file (eg)car_mclaren_car1_lod_0.gp4 and rename it to car_williams_car1_lod_0.gp4.

with textures, the TEX files are defined in the gp4 carshape and changing the TEX name is a little complicated, and not necesary for this.

so, thats the basics.

unwad (with gp4master or EasyWad) the original cars.wad to a folder i'll call WAD.

my 30minute set has the following cars - authors:

1 - Ferrari - CTDP
2 - Williams - CTDP
3 - McLaren - Erwin Maliepaard + Guyon Waltmans
4 - Renault - Schroeder + Acciarri + Bojan Tarticchio
5 - Sauber - CTDP
6 - Jordan - Erik van Leeuwen + Duco Lammers
7 - Jaguar - Schreoders + Acciarri + Matthew Attfield
8 - BAR - Erik van Leeuwen + Duco Lammers
9 - Minardi - Wai Keen Lam + Bojan Tarticchio
10 - Toyota - Erwin Maliepaard + Guyon Waltmans
11 - Camel - me! (and Erik van Leeuwen's Jordan shape)

now for a car by car installation guide.

(i run on a 1.4hz, 512RAM, geForce400 2 or something and my set is a little slow but okay i guess with some tweaking.)

FERRARI - (download)
copy the 10 lods and the hi_tex (9 in total - doesnt matter if you have to overwrite some) to WAD/cars
ยจ
WILLIAMS - (download)
copy lod_3 and rename to lod_4. change names to mclaren on all lods.
copy these 10 lods, 5 hi_williams.tex and cp_tex to WAD/cars

McLAREN - (download)
copy down the 10 lods (these are quite large and will give your pc some work to do :| - but i think its the best mclaren out), and rename to williams
copy the 3 hi_tex as they are to WAD/cars
(you'll need to get a 2002 cp_tex and rename it to williams)

RENAULT - (download.)
copy the 10 lods and 3 hi_tex and cp_tex to WAD/cars

SAUBER - (download)
copy lod_3 and rename to lod_4. change names to bar on all lods.
copy 10 lods, 3 hi_sauber.tex to WAD/cars. (again theres no cp_tex so you'll need to find a 2002 one)

JORDAN - (download)
copy the 10 lods and 3 hi_tex and cp_tex to WAD/cars

JAGUAR - (download shape - download textures)
with the shape download, rename all the lods, and cp_jaguar.tex to arrows and copy to WAD/cars.
with the textures, copy the 3 hi_tex to WAD/cars.

BAR - (download)
Rename all the gp4 and cp_bar.tex to sauber.
copy the gp4 files (not the lod_35 - its not used by the game) and the 3 hi_tex and the cp_tex to your WAD/cars folder.

MINARDI - (download)
ignore the two lod_35.
rename the lods and cp_tex to jaguar.
copy the 10 lods, 3 hi_tex and cp_tex to WAD/cars

TOYOTA - (download)
copy down to get 10 lods. rename them all and cp_tex to minardi.
copy the 10 lods, 3 hi_tex and cp_tex to WAD/cars

SPARE CAR.
the game wont work without team 11, so find a car you want in this slot.
make sure there is 10 lods, and rename them to prost. (copying the 10 ferrari_lods and rename to prost will give you 4 ferraris, as the new prost ones still use the same textures as the original)

if anyone wants my Camel car i could get it ready for download to be used in slot 11. theres more pics of it HERE.

I guess i've had gp4 for 6-8 weeks, and i was quite pleased when this wad worked first time for me. And I'm a fair way thru making my very own (almost) full season set for the 1996 ITC season. So as you see, its not as hard as it looks and once you get the hang of the renaming, setting up season sets is a breeze ;)

Enjoy!

btw - none of these works (except the Camel textures) are by me, and the creator has the copyright.

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I've just finally made my own! Yay!!

I had to rename the Toyota lods. The car that caused me the most problem was Viper's Ferrari!! It only came with two lods. The 1st time I played it worked, but the next times the textures were dodgey on the later lods, so I've had to rename the 2 that came with it. Unfortunatly that means a PO hit of about 8%!!

I'll try that Ferrari and Renault as mine aren't too good.

Btw, am I the only one who hates Caelen's tyres! Everyone seems to have them, but I use the originals. His are too pale!!

Finally. Have you got a cockpit for that car b-tone? If you haven't, could you possibly make one please! I want to be able to race in the 11th car, but none of the fictional ones from Max Downforce have cockpits. Thanks :)

Date: June 04, 2003 01:35PM
you mean for the Camel?

needs a little work

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Yeh, for the Camel

So the textures are OK then, but why is the view so high up?

Thanks

Date: June 04, 2003 07:36PM
Posted by: GTFREAK
Where did you get those beautiful tire textures??

Date: June 05, 2003 05:22AM
Posted by: fzappa
Hey b-tone, could you post you cockpit camera settings. That angle is what i have been looking for.

cheers

Neil
Date: June 05, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Just wanna say, although i already made me own wad, well done Tony, should be stickyed for people who dont know wot to do

Date: June 05, 2003 01:27PM
Posted by: F1Master
Does anyone else have a problem with that Toyotas textures messing up when watched from other cars' car/TV camera views?

Its fine when you select a Toyota to watch from the various views but when onboard with anyone else its a mess.

Also that Sauber has a few bugs I think. The nose from t-cam view appears to have disappered as though you've knocked it off and from the TV view on one cars its actually missing.

Just a couple of questions about modifying things. How do you move drivers helmets around to their 2003 positions? Most importantly though how do you move the teams around to 2003 positions, some carsets come with self extracters and so you can't get to their files to change the name - what to do.....?
Date: June 05, 2003 02:15PM
the carshapes for team one are called car_ferrari_xx_xx.gp4.
so if you want toyota for example in slot one, then rename the gp4 shape files to ferrari.
for helmets, they are stored as driverX_X.tex in the cars folder in a cars.wad.
two (1 and 2) files per driver.

if a texture is messy then you proabably havent put all 5 required xx_lod_xx.gp4 files in.

if its self extracting, then try unpacking it with winzip or winrar. (i right click and get an option to unzip here/to a folder)

____
Tony

Date: June 15, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: GP4 Junk
Hi,
just a quick question...B-tone where did you get the Jaguar ( Schreoders + Acciarri + Matthew Attfield )
can you point in in the right direction??
Date: June 15, 2003 12:52PM
F:\GP4\cars\2002\Jaguar and F:\GP4\cars\2003\Jaguar

;)

or
sahpe: [193.111.112.56]
livery: [193.111.112.56]

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy