I thought the patch mended the game!?!?!?!

Posted by Go Alesi 
I thought the patch mended the game!?!?!?!
Date: June 03, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Hi,
I've just tried to install the 9.6 patch onto GP4. The first thing it did was claim that it had already been updated so it wouldn't install. The game hasn't been updated, so I had to install using Iscab!

But then the game went crazy! Several cars changed to Jaguar in their best LOD (ie when the cameras are focused on it). One Minardi and a BAR. The other BAR became a Toyota and the two Toyota drivers lost their helmets!!
The cars.wad worked fine in a different version of the game!

Also, when I loaded a car set-up, instead of getting a 'Car Set0up loaded' message, I got a 'No error' message' .But it still loaded.

So I just replaced the files with the original files, and now it works fine again!

Can anybody shed light on this, because I'd really like to have the patch! :)

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks

Re: I thought the patch mended the game!?!?!?!
Date: June 03, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Look in the registry h-key local machine-software-infogrames and if you see grandprix 4 patch delete and try installing the patch again.Its possible when you used iscab to install the patch that you put some files in the wrong place.Oh you haven't installed new cars and stuff before patching have you?
Date: June 04, 2003 02:46AM
Yep I have got new cars etc. I definately put all the files in the right place though, cause I checked several times.

I don't get where you mean to look though!

Thanks

Date: June 04, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: Abstraction
how bout not installing the patch at all, i reckon the patch brings more problems then fixes.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 04, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: Tony
Never installed the patch, don't see any reason to since it's working OK. I only brought my game a Month or so ago, so maybe I have a newer "bugglesslessi'sh" edition:). When I did apply the patch at one time, it just said "already updated" So i must have a Already updated game - well that's what te patch told me!

Tony
Date: June 04, 2003 09:42AM
Posted by: b-tone
i don't have the patch and it seems ok.
my cd player wouldnt let me run it so i had to install the nocd exe before running (i think you need to run it before applying the 9.6?), but i tried for a while to patch it. i got the cars folder and a few things from the patch, but it still saya 1.0 .

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2003 11:28AM
I want to reduce the slipstream and increase the understeer with a broken wing! Even the pitcrew works fine atm!

Date: June 04, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Its possible the game is already patched if you bought it recently.
Date: June 04, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: marcl
Tony

If u bought the game a month ago u got the fixed version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy