Car order change? Which tool will allow this?

Posted by DamonHill 
Car order change? Which tool will allow this?
Date: June 09, 2004 10:27AM
Posted by: DamonHill
Hello all again.....

May I ask a couple of questions please?

I have installed the 2003 car update from the Dutch Gp4 web site (Gp4gamer.NL) It is an all in one upgrade but I have the following problem.

The Mclaren drivers are in Williams cars, and the Williams are driving Mclarens. Also, the Toyotas are in ( I think) Prost slots and a couple of other things like this. The drivers of these cars, for example, Ralph Schumacher (showing up in a Mclaren) are still wearing their correct helmets.

Some of the driver select photos are also showing the wrong drivers names.

What I think is happening is that the Dutch team have used a 2003 race order that the standard game doesn't recognise, thus the cars are in the wrong order.

Which tool will allow me to change the order so that the correct cars show up with the correct drivers? Then, how do I use the tool. Unfortunately many tools are not well documented as to how they should be used and take a lot of experimenting.

Since then, I have also installed (in another GP4 installation parallel to the one above) many single 2003 cars and new 2003 track, sounds etc, all is working fine. But in what I think is 2001 race order.

Also, I have downloaded and installed the new Nürburgring 2004 Rev counter. I have installed it into its own directory under the panels directory, Selected the .ini in GPx Patch but it only displays the outer ring without the needle. Also, the gear indicator is not displaying, only the red rectangle. What is wrong? I have checked the files are all present.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Man könnte auch auf Deutsch antworten da Ich auch Deutsch Kann.

Vielen Dank im voraus

Re: Car order change? Which tool will allow this?
Date: June 09, 2004 12:17PM
Posted by: DamonHill
I think the performance file is the answer...or not?

If anybody has a copy of the GP4gamers.nl 2003 season performance file I would be much obliged to recieve it.

Many thanks.
As far as car order goes, I use Cameditor 6.6 by Lo2k (probably a newer version available!!) It has a tab called slots, where you can change the team order and is real easy to use(cause I'm a lunk and it works fine!) just select the teams to swap and export the data.

Drivers names can be changed with a performance file and then use wadupdater to swap the textures.(i.e. driver1_1tex to driver3_1tex to put M Schu in a Williams.)

Others may be of more help to you with programs and tools that do the rest, If you try (dare I say it!)a search under Tweaker, or Team editor you may find some usefull info, I don't use these tools myself.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2004 03:46PM by Razorsedge.
Re: Car order change? Which tool will allow this?
Date: June 10, 2004 01:16AM
Posted by: Slyver
I use TeamEditor 2.3 by Lo2k its an very great tool there you can change steerwheel pos.Helmet pos.T-Cam ,Team Slot also you can change team image slot etc.
and its relativ easy to handel it i mean!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy