Help a newbie

Posted by Kiwi Guy 
Help a newbie
Date: June 02, 2003 03:46AM
Posted by: Kiwi Guy
Hi guys.

I am having trouble installing Bojan Tarticchio's 2003 Renault.

From the cockpit view the livery looks to be updated but from any other view the old car remains.

Any ideas here? I have sucessfully installed the Toyota, but I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong with the Renault.

Thanks.
Re: Help a newbie
Date: June 02, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Using GP3master, extract your cars.wad in some temporary folder, name it "whatever"
From Renault.zip unzip all *.gp4 and *.tex files into your whatever/CARS folder.
When it asks to overwrite, say yes. If it doesn't ask to overwrite, then you're unziping it who knows where.
When you've overwrited old files, recompile back into cars.wad
Overwrite your old cars.wad with this new one.

It's obviously not the problem in Renault file, because it was tested and installed many times. You'd better describe how are you installing it, then I'll tell what you're doing wrong.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 02, 2003 04:17AM
Damn - I thought that was what I was doing!

I followed the same procedure for installing the Toyota (except I had to create the extra lod files).

There must be something I am missing. I'll have another go.

Thanks for your quick reply :)
Date: June 02, 2003 05:01AM
Sorted!

I was using the benetton_x.tex files instead of the hi_benetton_x.tex files.
Date: June 02, 2003 05:04AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
There you go ;-)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 02, 2003 07:05AM
Posted by: Paco
Bojan, I've downloaded your Renault 2003 and it's look great, the first time I ran the game, the textures were incorrectly on the car, but then I got back to Windows, restarted the game and it was fine.
Fantastic job! Now I'm downloading your Minardi.

I'm against sigpics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy