Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez 2015 Layout - Work Thread (Pitstop Fix - Page 4)

Posted by Flash Formula 
hello, my test showed me that the finish line is a bit far, entrance and exit of the pits ok, do not forget the GPI file and congratulations for this great job.
Thanks a lot man! (Y)
Thanks everyone for your support :-) still a hell of along way to go yet, but I thought it would be nice for you all to have a taste at this track :-)
At lease now I can focus on updating and finishing it in time for next year :-) Takes the pressure off abit :-)

Thanks for this beta release!Tested today,race was great!Only one problem-cars are not able to make pitstop and go out-they are going to the right spot in pit,but not exactly to the man with hand jack,they stopped a little bit ahead,turning wheels to left and wheels are spinning,and they are stuck.Both my car or AI same problem ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2015 11:05PM by bluebluemagic.
@ bluebluemagic
Thanks for the input, i didn't run a full race, but this Beta is only for a runaround :-)
Any input is a big help for me to do the best job possible :-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hi Dan, one of the most common causes for this bug is that the alignment of the first pitlane sector (sector zero).

In pitlane sector zero, there is the "Sector Orientation" (F0) command. Inside it there are two Direction values. These values must be exactly the same as the ones in the track sector which has the "Connect Pit Lane Start" (86) flag, which in your case is track sector 864.

Try changing those values in pitlane sector zero.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Additionally make sure you don't have the "fix pitstop bug" option checked in gpx patch. For some reason this causes cars getting stuck in the pits if the wheelbase of the cars is much longer than original gp4 (e.g. 2015 cars). No idea what the actual reason is, maybe someone else can shed some light onto that.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
You get angry because their work is critical circuits. But if you do not know what they do and it's advertised as being "work of genius".
Crap.
Good news :-) I finally fixed the pitstop problem :-)

The pitstop bug came from having the bank angle off centre across all 33 sectors and fixing the cc-cars behavior on the pitlane :-)
Done a full race test now with pitstops and all work great :-)

PITSTOP FIX HERE (DAT)

@ Prblanco
Thanks for the insight :-) It didn't fix the issue, but I did it anyway to save any problems in the future.

@n00binio
Thanks about the "fix pitstop bug" cause, but mine was unchecked anyway.

> Good news :-) I finally fixed the pitstop problem
> :-)
>
> The pitstop bug came from having the bank angle
> off centre across all 33 sectors and fixing the
> cc-cars behavior on the pitlane :-)
> Done a full race test now with pitstops and all
> work great :-)
> [i799.photobucket.com]
> designs/GP4%20Circuit%20Projects/PitlaneFIX.jpg
> PITSTOP FIX HERE (DAT)
>
> @ Prblanco
> Thanks for the insight :-) It didn't fix the
> issue, but I did it anyway to save any problems in
> the future.
>
> @n00binio
> Thanks about the "fix pitstop bug" cause, but mine
> was unchecked anyway.

Great to know you fixed the problem!Now we are able to make 100% race.Thank you for the good work!(Y)
Cars ar driving in the sky, how can i solve this problem?
Turn your wings upside down ;)
Add more balast ;)

Drive a McLaren, it's dead in the water.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Did a test practice session and I noticed that my car (Williiams) was at an angle (about 40 degrees to the right) in the pitlane and is not even in the garage.
seanmikeuk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did a test practice session and I noticed that my
> car (Williiams) was at an angle (about 40 degrees
> to the right) in the pitlane and is not even in
> the garage.

Did you use the fixed .dat flie?

@Harry1970
Sounds like you forgot to put the .wad file in...

One thing, even on Ace setting, I am still seconds faster than everyone else. They dont accelerate out of corners as early as I can seem to and dont carry enough speed through the esses.
Any ideas on what I can do to atleast get them closer to my laptime?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy