help with Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Weel

Posted by joel 
help with Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Weel
Date: May 31, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: joel
i have just but Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Weel witch is the best setting in GP4 for the racing weel
I have the MicroSoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel.

If that is similar enough, I can tell you what I have. It really depends on what YOU want. Do you want the wheel to self center ? How much FF action do you want ? Do you need the brake and the throttle on separate axis ? How much "low sensitivity zone" do you want ? What about max lock ?

JohnW
i have mailed one to you joel

iceman kimi.....could u mail me 1 of your .con files please??. I just bought a new wheel as well....(thrustmaster Force Feedback GT),I know its a preference thing with set-up and stuff, but i just want to give it a go..

BTW...how long did it take u blokes to get used to the wheel??,ive been using a gamepad all this time and slowly but surely clocking my closest times to before...its not that easy(especially Monaco!)...

THANX M8!

Email: dbracinginc@bigpond.com.au

CHEERS.
For the wheel, make sure the max lock is set to 20°.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Its a good idea to open this thread.

I use the ms ffb wheel (usb) and can drive very fine with it.

But i have a problem - most time if i brake my front tyres are blocking. Its not a question of braking ballance its a question about wheel settings.

So please - post your gp4 settings in here.

And: How did you make to use 2 axis for brake and accelerate. Even if i tried this cursor in menu are jumpin around. But joystick using is deactivated in gp4 menu.

So tell me how you did this plz. Thanks.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
CDN_Merlin:

with my wheel the max lock is 16 degrees. if i put it anymore, it bears no correlation with the wheel on the screen and it is confusing when trying to piece a lap together if u are second guessing each corner.

with 16, i can take lowes hairpin at monaco reasonably well (as fast as the other cars) so i cant complain.

Iceman Kimi

Thats funny...i also use 16degrees max lock.Have tried it at 20degs but suffer the same problem....doesnt show same as on-screen..

CHEERS.
I have the Sidewinder racing wheel without FF and friend Morbid helped me with setting mine up.

I can send you my .CON file if you wish, but you must make sure you have the Sidewinder software installed and configured for brake/accelerate on separate axis.

Also, calibrate it in there before calibrating in game

I know this thread is a bit old but any chance of e-mailing me the settings too?

matthewp54@yahoo.co.uk

thanks (yes i'm trying the old game out again, haven't played it for about 6 months!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy