A few questions

Posted by esprit 
A few questions
Date: May 30, 2003 03:24PM
Posted by: esprit
Hope someone would have time to answer a few questions for me

I'm using the facility within GPxPatch to have different cars.wad files for each track and slowly making up a set of them to reflect the differences we have seen at each race this year. There are two things I'd like to do,

1. Have the cars only run a single element rear wing for tracks where this happens in reality, would I need to change the car shapes for this or is there another way of doing it?

2. I want to make some of the hi res textures smaller, 1024 converted to 512, I can see how to do this for the texture itself but how do you get the alpha channel extracted from the tex file?

Thanks in advance

Gary
Re: A few questions
Date: May 30, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: Dinga
1. Yes,you'd need to edit the shapes

2. If you extract the .tga from the .tex and resize in PSP7(or other) from 1024 to 512, the alpha channel also reduces in size accordingly. Another way to do this is with GP4 Master. In tex workshop, open the file you wish to resize and downsample.Extract the 512x512 .tga and replace the 1024x1024 image with it.Downsample then save
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy