GP4 championship season with more than 17 tracks - RELEASED: Seasons Results Tools

Posted by petrus 
GP4 championship season with more than 17 tracks

As GP4 limits the championship mode to a maximum of 17 races, it is not possible to run a championship season with more than that.
However, if you use a CSM mod with tracklists, a workaround exists.
A 2015mod with 19 tracks and tracklists 2015a (tracks 1-17) and 2015b (2 tracks 18-19) will be our example.

1) Add a tracklist-b subfolder to the mods folder data\patch
e.g.:
- data
  - patch
    - 2015b

2) Put the file "nr_champ_races.cap" into this subfolder
and change the last byte to the number of races for tracklist b using a hexeditor.
In our example with 19 tracks this byte must have the value 02 hexadecimal.

For more information see thread nr_champ_races.cap

3) Edit the csm file (2015.csm)
[Files]
Patch           =Patch,Patch\%tracklist%

4) Save the "Season's Result" as files
At the end of the championship you will see the "season complete" menu. This will happen two times, first after race 17, second after the last race.
Go to submenu "season results". Do not use the "PRINT TO FILE" option here, because this does not write seasons results (a GP4 bug)! Use "PRINT SETUP" instead, check "print to file" (printer name does not matter) and then "PRINT".
Before leaving season after race 17 save the results of race 17. You can use the "PRINT TO FILE" option for this, because this creates a "full race result" of the last race instead of a seasons result.
You will now have two seasons result text files.

5) Make a full season result file
Out of these two you can now create your full season result file containing all (e.g. 19) races data.
Unfortunately the season result files made by GP4 are pretty faulty.
The vertical written country names are those from the original GP4 and not from the mod, as they have been in the menu displays.
Only 16 races are considered (Suzuka missing), thus the points column values will override (partly) the values of race 17.
Add those values manually using "full race result" file made as pointed out in chapter 4.
Replace the country names. I recommend using a header in wikipaedia style, e.g. fo 2015mod:
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
AU MA CH BH ES MO CA AU GB HU BE IT SI JP RU US ME BR AB 

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2015 09:03PM by petrus.
Re: GP4 championship season with more than 17 tracks
Date: August 19, 2015 01:15PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Personally I just use this program - [gadareth.altervista.org]

Meant for Gp3 but works perfectly with GP4 and you can setup the seasons however you want and allowed for driver changes etc. I still use version 6.3 at the bottom of the page rather than version 7. There are some files you need to put into your system files but they're included in the download and worth it.
Re: GP4 championship season with more than 17 tracks
Date: November 11, 2015 09:01PM
Posted by: petrus
Seasons Results Tools

To revive the possibility of printing result files, I provide two tools (running under Windows, no installation needed):

seasonresult - this is for a championship season.
It merges two seasons results files, if more than 17 races are used.
It gets the missing data for race 17 from the corresponding full race result file and uses the team names given here.

You can test it with the included 2015 season example files.
For a detailed description read "seasonresult-readme.txt" in the seasonresult folder of the archive.

gp4results - this is for results of non-championship races.
Using a full race result file for every race, one can build an own championship without the limitations of the championship season mode. This program reads the race result files and generates seasons results, driver championship and constructor championship output.

You can test it with the included example files given in subfolder 2001.
For a detailed description read "gp4result-readme.txt" in the gp4results folder of the archive.

Download: Seasonresults.zip (185 KB); last update 2015-11-13

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 11:18AM by petrus.
Thank you!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy