can i get team specfic steering wheels in game??

Posted by rahul 
can i get team specfic steering wheels in game??
Date: May 30, 2003 03:33AM
Posted by: rahul
is it possible to have team specific steering wheels in game for both internal and external view.....if so how????

and there any good internal steering wheels for the teams....if so which are the best and where can i get them?
1.no
2.look in the download section here. theres a new jordan one, and a good ferrari and a decent mclaren, plus others.

____
Tony

Re: can i get team specfic steering wheels in game??
Date: May 30, 2003 03:37AM
Posted by: Vader
No, there is no way to have individual steering wheels for internal view - at least not yet. With the speed people like dUmAsS, madman, lo2k, Ellis, sasjag (and all the other great modders I forgot to mention, thank you) go these days, this answer might already be obsolete. ;)

Post Edited (05-30-03 11:00)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 30, 2003 03:59AM
Posted by: rahul
but are team specific wheels possible for external view??? if so ...how??
b-tone

Could you possibly help me out with which lines to edit in the font files to move the stuff you moved to the mirror? Hopefully you know what I mean. I had a go at lines that seemed to figure, but it just ended up a horrible mess, like it was stacked on top of one another.

I kinda liked your first version better but I really need to see the information you moved to the mirror, plus I am using a modified cockpit so it doesn't lineup with the mirror. Needless to say with so many different combinations of cockpit files and steering wheels its very difficult for yourself to release something that fits them :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Edited (05-30-03 13:07)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: June 01, 2003 03:14AM
Posted by: edd882
b-tone

I could really do with a pointer because so far I have failed.

Thanks.

Date: June 01, 2003 03:30AM
Posted by: b-tone
i opened English.pos in a hex editor and saw something like this:

0TEXT_FUEL...-0.405000...0.119000...0TEXT_TYRES_LAPPED...-0.405000...0.106000...0TEXT_LEAVE_THE_PITS...-0.405000...0.093000...0TEXT_CAR_SETUP...-0.405000...0.080000

the 0TEXT FUEL refers to the text string in the uni file (in this case 'FUEL' so change that line in the uni to make it say something else (GAS, PETROL, etc)
the numbers after are the XY coordinates for that strings position.
in this case (...-0.405000...0.119000) the FUEL_TEXT shows up 405 pixels left and 80 pixels above the 0,0(which is about the centre of the lcd on original wheel - also the rotation point i guess)
the 405 pixels is (i think) for a 1024x768 resolution.

perhaps i'll make one with the data in the sky somewhere. its ok in pits but since they rotate with the wheel, any other data will look crappy during the race.
its possible to have it all on the wheel but smaller - so instaed of saying SUSPENSION TROUBLE you could allocate a smaller area on the wheel and it could say SUS or watever.

if you want to move yours to the mirror, take a sreenshot of your cockpit in the pits. resize it to 1024x768 (i think) and then measure the pixels from where it is to where you want it.
then change to according co-ords.

just to confuse things there is things like 0TEXT FUEL ,1TEXT FUEL ,2TEXT FUEL and i'm not 100% certain where they all go.

anyways, hope that helped.

____
Tony

Date: June 01, 2003 03:48AM
Posted by: tux
you might have better luck opening it in notepad ;)

Date: June 02, 2003 04:27AM
b-tone

Thanks for replying.

What I am looking for really is your version 1 with the mirror display of version 2. As I said I've tried taking it from version 2 but no matter what I do it seems to end up the same way (screenshot below).

[sangetor06.users.btopenworld.com]

I like the fact I see nothing on the wheel at all with your version 1, but obviously it is important to see things like tyres in the pits and select the right sets, at the moment I have to try and do it from memory.

Could you tell me how to change it so I get the information you moved to the mirror in version 2, but keep the rest the same as version 1?

Thanks.

Date: June 03, 2003 10:11AM
*bump*

Sorry but I really need this information so I can start my championship season.

Date: June 03, 2003 12:39PM
What I am looking for really is your version 1 with the mirror display of version 2.

its been a while, but whats the difference between the first and second release?
the 2nd one has the pit info in the mirror and not much else. does the first one have nothing?

what is in the 2nd one that you don't want?

____
Tony

Date: June 03, 2003 03:11PM
The first one basically has nothing, except for the split interval, i.e. whether you are up or down on your best time, which conveniently appear on the white of the BMW badge on the wheel I use so I can see them perfectly. These split intervals don't appear on the second version. There is also some text on the bottom of the display that appears on the second version but I can't make it out.

I wouldn't even be too fussed if I didn't get the display into the mirror, I could probably make it out where it is by default, I just want to be able to see it at least so I can select tyre sets etc.

Post Edited (06-03-03 22:12)

Date: June 05, 2003 10:38AM
Apologies, but *bump*

Date: June 05, 2003 11:18AM
so you want the splits and the pit info?
v0.2 has the pit on or near the mirror.
and gpxpatch has split times.
if you tell me exactly what you want and dont want, then i'll do it when i get a chance.
but you should be able to start the championship and change this later without messing it up.

____
Tony

Date: June 05, 2003 11:50AM
What I'd like is to use v.1 but to be able to see the menu and pit information, not necessarily on or near the mirror, just anywhere.

I tried using version 2 settings for the lines I thought were applicable to the menu and also the default settings but it just turns out like the screenshot I posted.

If you would be so kind as to do it for me then I would say that I'd like you to do to version 1 what you did to version 2 to get the mirror stuff, but leave everything else untouched from version 1.

Otherwise if you have a solution I can try and change the lines myself.

Thankyou for your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy