GP4 Tweaker question (for all) and observation

Posted by Vadimka 
GP4 Tweaker question (for all) and observation
Date: March 17, 2004 02:33PM
Posted by: Vadimka
So guys...

1. It's interesting what damage coefficient is more realistic for GP...200%...or maybe 150%...so i wanna know...what damage coefficient you're currently using in-game.

2. And about pit speed limiter...great stuff..but i'm playing on keyboard so it's not very convenient to turn on/off that limiter by default key - Scroll Lock... Maybe Madman can realize key setup feature to redefine default key for enabling-disabling limiter in-game. (for example...for me better using Caps Lock key instead of Scroll Lock...).

And why limiter is on when we starting the game...maybe better turn it off by default...so you dont need to push ScrollLock key on starting grid.

Post Edited (03-18-04 15:12)

To finish first, first you have to finish.
Re: GP4 Tweaker question and observation
Date: March 17, 2004 02:42PM
Posted by: Madman271
Let me post my opinion. :)

140% but sometimes I use lower value (below 100%) for some tests.

There a tweak called "Keyboard Binding Assignment" that allow you to change default pre-defined key. Tips: Select the key selection (right-most dropdown), but do not open the dropdown list then press a key on your keyboard. The dropdown control will automatically select to your selected key.

You mean it turned on while in race mode (starting grid position)?
I have tested it many times and it turned off under race mode, and turned on in garage mode (practice and qualifying session).

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: March 17, 2004 02:50PM
Posted by: Vadimka
Thanx Madman for your reply

But when i start the game (non-championship race) i must press Scroll key to disable limiter when i'm on the starting grid ...if not....100 kph....and bye-bye pole position :)

To finish first, first you have to finish.
Date: March 18, 2004 12:42AM
Posted by: Caelen
yep same for me, maybe because i jumped straight to race and not went thru qual etc, im using latest updated version.
Re: GP4 Tweaker question (for all) and observation
Date: March 18, 2004 08:36AM
Posted by: Madman271
Hmm... I found another bug here. Yes I also test it on another GP4 copy and it does not work in race session (both non-champ and champ mode), but work well with quickrace.

Strangely this is does not happening to my GP4 install for dev testing. If someone has different results, please let me know. I'm still figuring out what causing this. Atm, you may displaying debug console screen to know whether pit limiter is on or off. Sorry.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Re: GP4 Tweaker question (for all) and observation
Date: March 18, 2004 10:41AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I use 160% damage coefficient.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy