GP4 car setups

Posted by AustinF1 
Re: GP4 car setups
Date: May 05, 2015 05:28PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Thanks, great! :-)(Y) When setting 1th gear to 26:64 and 7th gear to 68:64 I'm reaching a top speed of 361 kph in Hockenheim 1968, which is the same top speed as with the standard settings. But how should it be else, the next problem appears: When I'm driving the first lap I get the 361 kph on the first straight, but suddenly, at about the place where the first chicane would be, the car suddenly looses nearly 30 kph of speed, then I can hear the underbody board scratching on the asphalt and from now on the top speed is always changing between 332 and 338 kph. :-O:-(hot(N) Driving on the next laps doesn't bring the old top speed shortly after the start back. I'm using a car power of 1304 and a driver performance of 16440. I also remember that problem in Buenos Aires 1979: First lap's top speed after the parabolica: 360 kph. Second lap and all further laps: about 340 kph. Any ideas again?

Now I also tried different configurations with the 2013 season performance file, car power 828 and driver performance 16256. I was always ending up with a top speed between 305 and 310 kph (AI: 350 kph, slipstream: 370 kph). The problem with loosing speed suddenly without releasing the throttle does NOT appear with that performance file. Strange, isn't it? :-o:-O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 05:58PM by TGF1DRIVER.
Date: May 05, 2015 10:35PM
Posted by: gitanes
There should be a balance between power-torque-curve, physics and performance files and i think you have disrupted it.

You say, you are using standard GP4 with phantaman's 2015 physics and (probably) my 2013 performance files, that means you are using:

a build-in power-torque-curve with a peak of ~855 bhp at 16500 rpm
a physics file with also 855 bhp but at ~15000 rpm
a performance file with 828 bhp.

Try using built-in data (that means NO change of physics) and modify the performance file to also 855 bhp and see how it works.

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: May 05, 2015 11:18PM
Well ok, but what about the problem of suddenly loosing some speed without any reason?
Date: May 06, 2015 02:03AM
Posted by: TomMK
The scratching sound is the clue. You've worn the plank away by more than 1cm which is against the rules and GP4 penalises you by reducing your top speed when you do that.

Raise your ride height and/or stiffen your suspension to stop the car hitting the ground so much.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 07, 2015 07:14PM
And how can I raise my ride height or suspension? With TeamEditor?
Date: May 08, 2015 12:01AM
Posted by: phantaman
not with teameditor, but with the tool "gp4 setup editor" and use (add) packers to prevent this from happening.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 10, 2015 01:24AM
Posted by: SDI
Change ride height around the same place as where you edited the gear ratios. If that's in GP4 itself, click 'advanced'.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: May 11, 2015 12:59PM
Great, now the loss of top speed is gone! Thanks SDI! :-)(Y) And now the message of the day: I finally SOLVED the top speed problem! I simply tried out using the value 1 for the front wing and also 1 for the rear wing, and suddenly my own top speed was more than 400 kph as well! :-o(I) One time, downhill the long straight in Reims, I reached a top speed of 432 kph in the slipstream of another car. (H)(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy