alpha channel?

Posted by Jet 
alpha channel?
Date: May 22, 2003 09:00PM
Posted by: Jet
How do you edit the alpha channel of a .tga file in Paint Shop Pro 7?
I tried going into Masks, Load from alpha channel... But when I made the changes, how do you save it back to the original .tga file? I tried saving it but I just get black and white.

Thanks in advance.
Re: alpha channel?
Date: May 23, 2003 12:23AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Go to mask, load from alpha channel, save to disk. Now you have an editable *.msk file, in grayscale of course.

When you're done with it, open your *.tga file, then go to mask, load from disk, *make layer invisible* in layer palette, save to alpha channel, save *.tga

Some *.tex files become corrupted, and they're not displaying alpha channels correctly. You can see on them that whatever you did on alpha channel, it always displays it in only black or white color (not grayscale), and there might be big black spots on car textures.
If this happens, you just have to use any other good *.tex file, import your *.tga in it, and continue your work with it.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: May 23, 2003 12:32AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
If you save it to the tga be sure to delete the old channel first otherwise it'll keep the old alpha channel ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: May 23, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: Jet
Thanks, Bojan & Max. I understand now. I knew you guys could answer my question. Oh, by the way, love your car textures Bojan. Top notch work. Can't wait for the new Mclaren, if you decide to do it. Hint, hint...........please do the Mclaren.
Date: May 23, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Some day, definetly ;-)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: May 23, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
And the artist walks away gracefully and leaves the crowd in tears..........

(i thought i would try a little Croatian humor myself :-) )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: May 25, 2003 05:38AM
Posted by: f1digital
how do you edit alpha channel in photoshop 7?
Date: May 25, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: sasjag
same method ;) (i think)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy