GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
Welcome to the UAE GP! Oil, money and a lot of sand!! Ohh and a racing circuit, lets get ready to race..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Is Maverick going to leave the GPGSL?

The season is progressing and the first drivers have been fired by their teams. Others speculate openly about retiring. Some ask, is the series in a crisis? And now another long-term driver is causing rumours.

While the teams are already on their way to Dubai, the race track where Maverick won his first GP in his very first race, on one of those very rare days when it rained in Dubai, Maverick used a bit of his free time to stay in Silverstone and test. But not the current GPGSL car in the simulator! Instead he has been spotted driving an LMP1 endurance car from an Aston-Martin related private team.

Social media immediately went hyper, spreading rumours that Maverick is going to be the next popular loss of the GPGSL, since he's planning a move over to the LMP1 endurance series.

Fortunately, after his drive on the Silverstone circuit, Maverick checked his Twitter account and hurried to get things straight. Here is what he had to say:

"Guys, easy! Right now, I don't plan at all to leave the GPGSL. I'm very happy in this series, still have the goal of winning the championship and we're making preparations to get our own team in when the time comes. That test drive for March was just that! A test drive! The guys had some balance problems on their new car and the regular drivers were out of ideas. So they asked AMR, if one of their drivers could have a go and since I love these LMP1 cars, I didn't miss the chance. I think I could give some good input and I can imagine maybe driving the 24h LeMans as guest driver one day, if I get the chance. But that's about it."

That said, it seems it's all a case of social media overreaction.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Maverick going to leave the GPGSL?
>
> The season is progressing and the first drivers
> have been fired by their teams. Others speculate
> openly about retiring. Some ask, is the series in
> a crisis? And now another long-term driver is
> causing rumours.
>
> While the teams are already on their way to Dubai,
> the race track where Maverick won his first GP in
> his very first race, on one of those very rare
> days when it rained in Dubai, Maverick used a bit
> of his free time to stay in Silverstone and test.
> But not the current GPGSL car in the simulator!
> Instead he has been spotted driving an LMP1
> endurance car from an Aston-Martin related private
> team.
>
> [6.t.imgbox.com]
>
> [8.t.imgbox.com]
>
> [1.t.imgbox.com]
>
> Social media immediately went hyper, spreading
> rumours that Maverick is going to be the next
> popular loss of the GPGSL, since he's planning a
> move over to the LMP1 endurance series.
>
> Fortunately, after his drive on the Silverstone
> circuit, Maverick checked his Twitter account and
> hurried to get things straight. Here is what he
> had to say:
>
> "Guys, easy! Right now, I don't plan at all to
> leave the GPGSL. I'm very happy in this series,
> still have the goal of winning the championship
> and we're making preparations to get our own team
> in when the time comes. That test drive for March
> was just that! A test drive! The guys had some
> balance problems on their new car and the regular
> drivers were out of ideas. So they asked AMR, if
> one of their drivers could have a go and since I
> love these LMP1 cars, I didn't miss the chance. I
> think I could give some good input and I can
> imagine maybe driving the 24h LeMans as guest
> driver one day, if I get the chance. But that's
> about it."
>
> That said, it seems it's all a case of social
> media overreaction.

Ingers, Elleker and Maverick Aston LMP1 Le Mans drive on the cards in the future then? ;)

I'm all for it! ;-)

And the question is: what's updated standings???

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Rod_vs Wrote:
> And the question is: what's updated standings???

Don't ask that question, you'll get in trouble ;)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
A few more liveries done in my thread, I'm super happy with how the 1990 Minardi has turned out.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
All I'm hoping for is a much better outcome in Dubai compared to what happened to me in Japan.

OK guys, real life has raised its ugly head once more. I will have a look at sorting both the tables and the boost requests tomorrow (Sunday).

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Beautiful car John, really nice (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Uhm, I should point out right away that this is a car from the race game Project Cars and I have not had any hand on it at all. All credit goes to the PCars community. I only drove it in the game and got the idea for this little story, so I did the pictures.

I know, I guess what I wanted to say was that I like the pics :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Round 4 - Japanese GP - Official Results Tables

Round 4 - Japanese GP - Official Standings Tables

Round 4 - Japanese GP - Official Boost Tables

Round 4 - Japanese GP - GPGCL

I believe Mal should be ahead of me on countback :P

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
The result may not look like it, but overall it wasn't a good race for Demon. 3rd place is great, but we SHOULD have won this one. Sadly Daniel got the broken car for the season and I had some bad luck when exiting the pitlane. Still we are way up in the standings and that's great, so next race we should be able to deliver again. That is, if no boost is used, that strategy worked in the first 4 races :D
Not bad for me so far. Wish the team could get in the title fight as soon as possible.

My GPGSL Career
miki2000milos Wrote:
> I believe Mal should be ahead of me on countback
> :P

Different person doing the tables, so don't nitpick.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Ok I'm back, I had to attend funerals yesterday. I just want to make sure, how do I call for a boost ? I know I should know by now, but yeh, you know how much Real Life can take over. I should be more active now :)
Well, I'm sorry to tell you Mathieu, but this season you're not going to be back anymore. You received your third warning, meaning that you're temporarily excluded from the series for the remainder of this season. If a team boss gives you another chance next season, you can re-enter then. I'm really sorry for the bad things that happened you to, but nothing of what you said gives reason to think that you couldn't have informed the GPGSL and public about your absences, prior to it. In this case, you would have been safe of receiving penalties for a couple of weeks. So, see it as a lesson, use the meantime to read the rules again and retry next season.

5th. Well, this is still good, but let's hope sand doesn't get into my eyes in Dubai

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy