GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Activity Check Results
>
> FIVE absentees this time.
>
> Matthew Allington (Aston Martin) - Last active:
> February 22, 2016 (2nd Warning)
> Tom Pellatt (Team Shadow) - Last active: February
> 23, 2016 (1st Warning)
> Dan Mills (True North) - Last active: February 25,
> 2016 (3rd Warning)
> Glen Sheppard (Demon) - Last active: February 27,
> 2016 (1st Warning)
> Jack Hunsley (JHR) - Last active: February 26,
> 2016 (2nd Warning)
>
> Next check: 27th March.
>
> Hoo boy.

I think it's a record: I didn't remember a check with five absentees!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
I don't think I've ever seen so many inactive penalties handed out at once. It's bad news for TNR and JHR for sure, so not sure what will come out of this.

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Here's another thing I've been thinking about. Ed
> already announced his retirement from racing, but
> said he'd reconsider leaving the series if his
> team got a slot. Jake already brought in Pulsar,
> next on the list would be me. I'm absolutely
> willing to bring in my team this time, however, as
> a favour to a stellar member of the series that Ed
> is, I'd also be willing to give him the slot and
> wait out for the next slot, if TNR is really gone,
> if Ed still wants this and especially, IF
> EVERYBODY IS OKAY WITH THIS. There's no such case
> in the rules. According to them, it'd be me taking
> it or going back down the list. The latter won't
> happen again. But I feel it's something we should
> reconsider in this very case, if it means keeping
> Ed in the series. So, you don't have to say you're
> fine with it (at least not before the new thread
> isn't open!!!), just voice your concern if there
> is any.
>
> And yeah, Mal, would be good if you could create a
> new thread and sticky-stick it up, please!

I really appreciate the offer but I don't feel it necessary, I still plan to hang around the forums and appear in the thread - so even if my team doesn't come in next year it won't matter! I am even considering testing for someone potentially, although I might save that for whenever my team comes in.

X (@ed24f1)
Carlitox Schreef:
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What a mess, I have my doubts if there will be
> a
> > season 11.
>
>
> [media.giphy.com].
> gif

I think there will be ONE team next season lol.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Five missing, jesus...

Some new teams could be just the kick up the arse the series needs.

I for one would welcome a fresh era.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ouch... Four team owners gone fishing, and no news fo them at all. :-o

I recall there was a check in like, S7 when there were six or seven absentees...that was before I started doing them though.

Completely crazy that there were four team principals involved though, don't know if that's happened before. Ultimately, it's just not good enough. I appreciate that there hasn't been a race in a while, but the rest of us managed to look alive.

Obviously I wouldn't like to lose any of the current teams, but I welcome the competition Pulsar may have next season! (Ed, if you change your mind about retiring and fancy leading Pulsar for their first season, give me a shout!) ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
All that absences could be good news for some testers also.

-----------------------------------------------------

GPGSL Rd 11 Brazilian GP – Tester’s Free Practice

Hello and welcome to Interlagos, the venue for Rd 11 of the GPGSL. First up is the free practice for the test drivers. They’re about to get the session underway, so let’s head trackside as the cars come to life.

Weather Report

Out first for the first group of drivers is Keranen. Just recently, TNR’s team owner was given a 3rd penalty, and that now leaves a question mark over the future of TNR after Season 10.

Domenech and Allington find themselves in battle.

Which is won by the AMR tester.

Keranen is first to set his time.

Rodriguez manages to go quicker.

Gilson, who was demoted to test driver for this round and the next round, goes slowest.

Mills goes faster than the SCR driver.

Allington and Domenech set their times, and it shows how their battle has affected them.

Ana goes 4th faster.

Michail sets her time, and is faster than Domenech, but slower than the others ahead of her.

Stoddart can’t seem to do any better.

Hunsley goes fastest.

But he is quickly dropped a position as Sheppard now is the fastest driver.

Silva is first out for the second group of drivers.

That is a very close split between 1st and 2nd for Silva.

However, it’s the other MPR of Scala that goes fastest.

A good time from Greidanus sees him move into 2nd.

Pellatt, De Boer and Vilela all set their times, and the battle for the fastest time continues on.

The fight for 4th is on between Cremasco, Hinz and McGregor.

Sanvitale sets his time, and is quicker than the previous times.

McClure sets his time, and is faster by.006s.

Here’s how the standings look like after all 22 drivers have completed their first run.

Michail is out first this time for the first group of drivers.

She sets her time, and it’s much faster than her previous time. Could this mean more improvements for the remaining drivers?

It looks like that is indeed the case.

Only the second run from the second group of drivers remains.

What is Allington thinking trying to come across the nose of Mills?

Scala gets the final runs underway.

The fight to be the fastest driver intensifies.

Greidanus tries his best, but can only improve up to 6th.

Sanvitale now sits at the top of the standings.

Cremasco puts himself into the top 3.

Vilela comes across the line, and sends the local fans into a frenzy as he takes the fastest time.

Compared to Vilela’s time, McClure’s laptime is pretty disappointing, but at least he gets into the top 5.

De Boer tries his best to knock Vilela off the top, but his time isn’t close enough.

McGregor gets closer than De Boer managed.

Hinz is the last man across the line, and jumps from 22nd to 1st with an extremely good laptime. He’ll be pleased with that.

Here are the final standings.

Congratulations to Christopher Hinz and Hi Def Racing, the winner of the free practice for Rd 11. This may give AMR hope for their race campaign, so should hopefully make for some awesome racing come race time. So then, that wraps up the session for the tester’s. Next up, we will see the race drivers out for qualifying to determine the grid for the race. So until then, it’s goodbye from Interlagos.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
In the end a very disappointed result. :(

Btw, I like the pitboards. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
GPGSL Rd 11 Official Free Practice Results

9th for me and 10th for Matteo... Not very good for the championship aspirations....

-----------------------------------------------------

Stellar drive by Chris! That's what I like to see. Matthew ... meh.

Thanks to Greg, also, for running the round. Without you, the series would be in deep trouble right now and this deserves appreciation.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
wow 5 missing... =/

come on stay focused! =)
Efforts to reduce time between races

In order to tackle the upcoming loss of interest in the series, linked with a tendency of frustration in regards to the long waiting times, we'll make the following changes, valid up until the end of the season:

1. The boost deadline will now automatically start with the day the last part of the race has been published. There will still be an announcement, boost requests can still be sent at any time, even before the end of the race or the announcement, but the deadline will count from that day rather than the day of the announcement.

2. The boost deadline will be shortened to 5 days (instead of the current 7).

This should hopefully make sure that we'll get in a race every 10-14 days (so within one activity check period), instead of one every month, as it stands now.

Nonetheless we still need help of everybody, who can devote a few minutes of his time. With Ruben in a difficult situation and little energy left, we even the more need somebody who prepares and tests tracks for the upcoming races (in best case always a race or two in advance, so that possible issues can be tackled in time and don't lead to further delays). So, if you know how to handle Magic Data, possibly even a bit of CC-line adjustment, then step up and help keep this series going.

Linked with this request is the offer for one or two new GPGSL members (one will be announced not too far in the future, at least one more is going to be included for the start of next season. Logically, people devoting time and energy into running the series will be favourites.

Damnit, I was close!!

Oh, right...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
It could go worse, awful weather for a test session.

What about RD? If it could help I can sort out a bit of time to run some sessions (entire races may be a problem as I work 8h a day on a morning/afternoon/night base all the week).

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
> It could go worse, awful weather for a test
> session.
>
> What about RD? If it could help I can sort out a
> bit of time to run some sessions (entire races may
> be a problem as I work 8h a day on a
> morning/afternoon/night base all the week).

imo it would be lovely if we could get a couple of RDs to run different sessions in one weekend. I'd be interested in helping out.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
JHR Team Announcement

In light of recent events and, with an ever growing list of commitments outside of the site, JHR will withdraw from the GPGSL at the end of the current season.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the team managers I have raced under over the years as well as all the drivers who have raced under the JHR banner, in addition to those who have kept the series running for the best part of a decade.

That is all kiddos (Y)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy