1996 ITC mod

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1996 ITC mod
Date: May 28, 2003 10:16AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Omg that alpha is gorgeus...keep up the great work (this game is gettting more modded than f1 200x :P

Date: May 28, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: anze89
great work!

Date: May 28, 2003 03:04PM
Posted by: Ellis
are the wheel posítions exe or lod related?

The wheels are in the exe i think, either way it doesnt matter much - we can only have one wheel base

Download the tyre postioner from Lo2k and u can move them to get them 100% perfect :D

Remember the cars ran on slicks, i keep forgetting to change the GT cars tyres onto slicks

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 28, 2003 03:04PM
Posted by: Tigershark
"are the wheel posítions exe or lod related?"

They are stored in the wad, at least that was the case with TyrePos editor.

- Sander

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: May 28, 2003 03:36PM
yes, thats correct, sry! In the wad i think, but either way, the tyre pos editor will move them for you!

Im looking forward to this mod...i am sick of looking at GT cars so much that i will proably not play the GT mod much, but i do enjoy some ITC racing!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 28, 2003 03:51PM
Posted by: b-tone
Ellis, some questions:

1.what wheels/tyres are in your original gt mod?
2.may i include the cockpit you and sasjag are working on?
3.have you done a physics file for the gt?
4.is there a damage editor out?

Im looking forward to this mod
thats great to hear - keeps me motivated!
with a little luck it wont be too long till a beta appears.

____
Tony

Date: May 28, 2003 04:00PM
1 - Y (the mclaren 2002 and 2003 author) made them specally for our GT set, if u ask him im sure he would let you use them, i certainly would

2 - yeah, you can include the cockpit if you wish, it still isnt finished, but u will get it when its done :)

3 - tried to start a physics file today and got nothing but errors. I cant make any physics files and casn only load them using GPxPatch. Im gona to try again later, but i have data to go by

4 - Damage Editor, not that i know of altho GP4Tweaker can set how sensative the damage is

With the GT mode we are simply doing no damage

Date: May 29, 2003 03:59AM
With the GT mode we are simply doing no damage
how - have you set the damage to 0 with tweaker?
what about genius?
i've been using 0.0.6 but just found 0.1.0 which has been 'Converted to a damage collision editor'

do you have a contact for Y (the mclaren 2002 and 2003 author)

thanks for the cockpit! i currently use chase cam when driving now, but that cockpit is starting to look pretty good - any idea when it'll be ready?.

____
Tony

Date: May 29, 2003 05:25AM
Posted by: andrew_S
why would you want a gt cockpit for a touring car mod? hehe wouldnt it be better to use a touring car cockpit like this? ;)

for damage you need to split the car into all the gp4 car objects

Post Edited (05-29-03 12:26)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 29, 2003 07:54AM
The cockpit is almost done, like 99%, just a few small tweaks and I'll mail it to you :)

Ur car should have no damage, i made that shape all as one object, damage shouldnt work?

To get damage to work, select something like the front spoiler and detach it and set it to the "nose_cone" layer, so when u hit something u loose ur front spoiler. But then it becomes more complicated cos the insides of the car must be mapped also

Date: May 29, 2003 08:30AM
yeah, i noticed its one object, but some parts of the f1 car underneath fall off. and the wheels.
if i'm right then the itc cars never had scheduled pitstops, and i guess they wouldnt pit unless something was really broken.
its a pain when you touch someones rear end and something brakes, the pitcrew call you in and the car becomes hard to handle.
and the wheels come off to easy.
i guess i'll try turning down the damage coefficient in tweaker so we can have a little bumping.
i think the car should be heavier too - not too realistic touching wheels and your car does a 180...

even tho the car is still an f1 (with an itc body) it does feel different to drive - i dont mind nudging other cars, and the tracks suddenly seem a little narrower ;)

keep me posted on your physics progress and stuff like that.

btw, andrew_S, feel free to send me that cockpit...

____
Tony

Date: May 29, 2003 08:51AM
Posted by: andrew_S
its in F1 2002 format but can easily be put in gp4 as long as someone tells me how to use the alpha layers etc, to get transparency in gp4 (will ask ellis on msn)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 29, 2003 09:07AM
Andy, im on msn now. Can help with the transparencies stuff and sprak plugs on ur lotus

Date: May 29, 2003 09:19AM
oh, that cockpit might be hard to put into GP4

Remember we cant move the steering wheel yet - it needs to stay in the same position so u wud need to adjust the cockpit position to make it appear as tho u r sitting on the left

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy