[RELEASED] Imola - Classic by Atticus

Posted by Atticus. 
Re: [RELEASED] Imola - Classic by Atticus
Date: February 17, 2015 11:53PM
Posted by: rookie26
Turbo Lover schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I send you a PM.

Thank you so much, Turbo Lover. You are amazing. It works now.:-)

@Atticus: Wow. Nice Layout. Amazing Job. Very well done.

Do you also plan to create a Imola Track with the Layout of the Years 1980 to 1994?
I know Plodekk & Cleberpister got this Track on their 1991 Trackpack, but I think the CC-Lines need to be checked again. If you watch an AI Race,
there is almost no overtaking manoeuvre. And if there is one, only 2% are successful. When it is not successful, the car in front is getting a gap of 1,5 seconds
because the car behind takes much too long to get to speed again (especially on an overtaking manoeuvre in Aqua Minerale)

In the good old Days Imola was known for an "quite easy to overtake"-Track.
They usually overtook on the Straight after Tamburello, while braking to Tosa,
on the Straight after Tosa, while braking to Aqua Minerale and to Rivazza.

Best Regards and many Greetings (especially to Atticus and Turbo Lover)
Date: February 18, 2015 01:45AM
Posted by: Atticus.
@rookie26: Thank you very much. :-)

Yeah, it was a nice sequence of turns from the S/F straight up to Tosa. I watched a couple of great battles while studying videos for the making of this track.

I'm sorry, I don't plan on creating the other layouts that were in use during the years - I'm usually drawn to either the original designs or the really rhythmic, flowing designs. I'm currently bugfixing an old Monaco layout in a similar concept (old track, new surroundings).

As for the Imola CC-lines and overtaking, it is quite tricky, because the ideal line bounces from side to side due to these 'straights' not really being straights in a literal sense, but rather a series of flat-out bends. So the AI constantly squeezes itself out of potential moves due to its - otherwise excellent - programming. While the old Imola was indeed rather easy to overtake on, you will find that even this chicane-free layout yields only a few passes per race. Sadly - although I did prefer ideal lines as opposed to creating clear-cut overtaking opportunities during the track-making process.

@Turbo Lover: Can you tell me briefly what was the issue of rookie26? (Just in case & out of curiosity.) Thanks in advance.
Date: February 18, 2015 08:13AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I had the same issue as rookie26; when pressing "drive" the game crashes.

Solution; I exported the magic data of the track with GP4 Builder and then imported again with CMagic. Sometimes GP4 Builder is buggy with changing magic data and saving it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 18, 2015 06:19PM
Posted by: Lo2k
"Solution; I exported the magic data of the track with GP4 Builder and then imported again with CMagic. Sometimes GP4 Builder is buggy with changing magic data and saving it."

It's on its way to be fixed

Date: February 18, 2015 07:05PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Great, thanks!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 18, 2015 10:59PM
Yes, good to hear that. Thank you. :-)
Date: February 18, 2015 11:21PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Great and fast track!! Thanks a lot mate!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: February 18, 2015 11:48PM
You're welcome. :-)
Date: February 21, 2015 08:40PM
Posted by: MiSeRy
Can anybody send me the correct file, because my game also crashed when i press on "drive".
Date: February 21, 2015 10:08PM
Those who have problems with CTD when clicking on 'Drive', try using the DAT file I uploaded here:

[www.mediafire.com]

I followed Turbo Lover's advice and I hope it'll work. Let me know.

Cheers.
Date: February 21, 2015 10:38PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Works here (B)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy