Attn: Hot Lappers. How 'bout something longer ?

Posted by JohnW 
Attn: Hot Lappers. How 'bout something longer ?
Date: December 02, 2003 12:59PM
Posted by: JohnW
Would you like to actually RACE ?

I'm in a sim league that , up until this up coming season, has been multiplatform. By that, I mean we allowed most modern sims to compete in a unified competition. The math to fairly equate times on given tracks became too time consuming AND led to some arguments about how the formulas were used. So...that idea has been tossed out. The league is , as of now, going to be F1C for online and offline ( HLs and half distance races. ) events.

Here's where you come in....

Since I have been put in charge of the offline part of the league, my idea would be to hold separate competitions for the different sims. No fancy formulas, just raw times that are kept within the same sim. I know you have you own HL sessions here, so I don't want to take from that, but if I were to hold half distance or 1/3 distance race events at our site, for GP4 and well as F1C, would any of you be interested ? I figure if I have enough people, I can make it fly. If not, I won't bother making the separate section of the web site.

Please let me know. I'd love to keep GP4 part of our league, since I'm better with GPx sims at this point than EA stuff, but also because it provides a larger talent base.

I will tell you that the skills needed for racing are different than just getting one good lap in. 21 other cars, pit stops, tire wear, fuel loads, more realistic car setups, and concentrating for more than 1:30. So, if you'd like to try your hand at this, let me know.

JohnW
Re: Attn: Hot Lappers. How 'bout something longer ?
Date: December 03, 2003 06:38AM
Posted by: checha
maybe you can help korn freak.. he is trying to made one for our off season!!!talk to him

Date: December 03, 2003 10:40AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
yeah.... he is running the hotlap comp. website, and we already have plans for around 20% race distances....

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: December 03, 2003 09:55PM
I've already posted a bit with Korn_Freak.

I know HLs are easier to do and can be verified by watching the replay and running it through the utility. Races, for GP4 are more of an honesty thing. The only thing you can do is check average times vs. HL times. It seems there are much less people with the time to do races.

I'll keep checking back. If Korn wants to know any of the stuff we learned from a season or two of HD races, he can let me know.

JohnW
Date: December 04, 2003 06:47AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
greate... thx JohnW!!!! :)

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: December 05, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: b-tone
my idea.

after 1 weeks practice at designated track, a custom perf file is released at a certain time, and people have 1 hour to post their times.
the perf file would have unique names to ensure its done in the hour.
this could be done 4 times to allow everyone a chance, with drivers alowed to compete twice.
times must be posted in the hour, or theres a ½ second penalty for each minute late.

____
Tony

Date: December 07, 2003 11:50PM
We were much more relaxed about things. We allowed the entire 2 weeks between actual F1 races for getting your best HD time. Run as many times as you can fit in. Our only check and balance was to see if your average lap time was faster than your HL time that we used as a qualifying time. F1C, on the other hand has a telemetry program that can save for the whole race. That can then be checked for off road stuff, corner cutting, etc. I wish GP4 had that !

I like the idea of sending out a dated file that insures the time was achieved within a certain date range. Couldn't the not so honest just edit their perf file to match the one you send them ?

Perhaps you could tell me more, off line.

johnw63@verizon.net

JohnW
Date: December 21, 2003 10:36PM
Well, I guess I will consider this idea dead...

The worst part is NOW I have to learn how to drive F1 Challenge.

Have fun with your HL events !

( By the way, as long as our rules are the same, you could post your lap at our site, for further fame a fortune. You've already done the work. )

Thanks for your attention...

JohnW
www.fihs.net
Date: December 22, 2003 02:45AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yea JohnW, me too!! Just bought it, and its really weird to drive. There seems to be a lack of mid corner grip, tho its really not designed for keyboard methinks :|

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy