My GP4 problem

Posted by MegaRacer 
My GP4 problem
Date: December 16, 2003 02:50AM
Posted by: MegaRacer
I bought GP4 in June and have barely played it. My computer crashes either while loading any track (the progress bar gets to the far right of the screen then locks up) or when it does load the track, it locks up sometime within the first lap of the race. I'm thinking it has to do with my video card (Radeon VE) tho i did download the latest drivers for it.

I installed the game a few nites ago after sort of giving up on ever playing it and it played fine. i was excited! I planned on doing a championship season and everything. But the next day, it kept locking my computer up. BTW, i left the install unmodified (no 9.6 Patch or no-CD patch....just straight from the box). I need help!

My system:
1700 MHz Gateway
256 MB of RAM
Pentium 4
Windows ME
Radeon VE/ 7000
Creative SB Live sound card

What the hell is wrong?! :-D

Thanks,
Patrick
Re: My GP4 problem
Date: December 16, 2003 03:24AM
Posted by: Alex13
Me thinks it's your gfx card

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: December 16, 2003 03:27AM
Posted by: shutt1e
try updating your audio card drivers too, get latest drivers from Creative site.
install at least gpxpatch too. it's a must and you can enable debugging, it helps on ctd
installing the 9.6 patch too it's not bad.

bye
Date: December 17, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: meyers
put the patch 9.6 on!
Date: December 19, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: MegaRacer
Thanks everyone for your advice. Unfortunately, nothing worked. No new drivers for my sound card, 9.6 patch didn't work. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a video card that is on the GP4 read me file. (i noticed my card isn't on the list of tested cards).

So after Christmas, I hope to report a new card and hopefully I'll finally get to play GP4!

Patrick
Date: December 19, 2003 03:10AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
well, before buying anything try to update your graphic card drivers at www.ati.com........ might help
Date: December 20, 2003 01:21PM
Posted by: zachi
I have a similar problem, gp4 was working before...now i have a P4 2.4
Gforce 4 mx440, winxp prof. sp1.. when I start the game frome the CD it´s tell`s me that i have to install directx8.1 but i have 9.0... when I start from the hard drive, then the grphic ist trying to adjust (black screen and click click click) but than I´m back to windows...
have anybody an idea what the problem is? if the problem is the grahic card...what card would be the best?

Thanks for Help
Date: December 20, 2003 11:09PM
Posted by: jawwad01
@zachi,
i have exactly the same card "Geforce 4 mx 440" , You will have to do one thing that is try it on anyother windows like 98 . My bet is that xp is having trouble launching the game.

believe it or not , once i swithced off an xp service which i thought was useless , but when i tried to start the game , i got strange problems .... Black screen :) ....., for many days i searched for the solution but in the end it was xp having a problem laumching the game ... i switched on that service and it worked .

Date: December 21, 2003 02:44AM
Posted by: Beardless2
i have played gp4 on the raddy 7000 and works fine - have u tried a reinstall of the game? or maybe even a system restore to a point when it was working.....

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy