Posted by: b-tone
how does one do it?

____
Tony

Re: converting f1-2002 shapes
Date: May 19, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
load up zmodeler and make ur own ;)

nah i seriously dont know..but i do know that some of the gp4 shapes i have seen are far better than the f12002 ones

Date: May 19, 2003 03:41PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Its not easy to convert shapes from f12002. I tried it and needed more than 1 and half month to get a working version of a renault with a good damage model.

Its harder to explain so please ask emac or one of cdtp team. Think they can help you out.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: May 20, 2003 12:31AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
well, it's actually very easy, first, reposition the car into GP4 car position (lower it), shorten the rear part of the car, F12002 car are longer than GP4 :) then save it into GP4 format, remap the whole car again, with TGA's textures, not BMP :)

F12002 has less poly then GP4's

Date: May 20, 2003 03:50AM
Posted by: andrew_S
dont remap the car, just change the texture material name from Textured material: blabla.bmp to blabla.tga, convert all the bmps to tgas, delate all the bmps from the directory (keep the tgas in same dir, reload the car and they may load up, if they dont, just re import using the texture browser, as ascari says, its a 5 min job, if you want a damage model however its very hard to get a good one, will take a few days to split the car because of the way F1 2002 cars are structured, the sidepods are really the problem

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 20, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: b-tone
i just tried it.
i used MasSomething to extract some .mtls.
then exported as gp4.
but the game crashed.
how od i know what makes it crash?
and how do i know where to reposition the wheels?

____
Tony

Date: May 20, 2003 05:08AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Hmn thats what i mean andrew.

Its easy to convert a shape but it takes many time to get a good damage model.

The game crashed because you need the objects gp4 uses in default carshapes. You can see all objects on right side in zmodeler. Objects are like this: Engine, Cockpit, Nosecone etc.

Be sure that all objects are in right order (alphabetical) and be sure that all objects are there... If one is missed gp4 crashs to desktop.

To position the wheels position the car! So convert it, create all objects (select some parts of the cockpit and merge them to objects), convert the bmp to tga - rename the textures in material editor and then export it to gp4. Then look to the shape - make screenshots and now change the position of the cars and the parts.

You`ll see it will take a lot of time to get it working.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: May 20, 2003 07:53AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
who needs a damage model anyway? just drive properly and if you're driving at the streets of Monaco, just stay away from the barriers,

to Andrew,
i have to remap the textures again because if i don't, the textures will all get messed up in the game
erm...took me less than 2 hours to get it right to split those F12002 shaped into pieces (damage models) and yes, especially the sidepods :)

Date: May 20, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: andrew_S
the textures shouldnt get messed up ingame, if they do run the game again and they wont be, if they still are its because they need to be flipped, thats all

you would have had to redo the floor again then as obviously you cant split a single polygon into 2

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy