TGA and TEX

Posted by meyers 
TGA and TEX
Date: November 26, 2003 01:18PM
Posted by: meyers
hi folks, im tryin to learn how to edit tex files and stuff, i know that they have to be replaced by TGA files but how do i create these? For example if i wanted to replace the rreplay buttons with a blank space ie nothing, i go to paint and save a blank canvas with the same dimensions as the tex files but i cannot save it as a tga file to put into GP master, any help?

also, in the carset downloads there is a really primitive 2002 livery set for 1mb (in .rar form to be installed in gp master in the textures section) which ive downloaded as i have a 56k, however i cannot find carshapes that fit these liveries, again any hepl would be appreciated...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random Fact # 23 : If something was to go faster than the speed of light it would use up all of the energy in the universe but would need more to equal the speed as any object gains mass with velocity and there is not enough mass in the universe to sustain such a velocity - Stephen Hawking "A Brief History of Time"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: TGA and TEX
Date: November 27, 2003 04:39AM
Posted by: Caelen
gp4 usis .tga files for its images, ie textures.
but some/most of thes are stored in a .tex format, which usually contains 4 .tgas of different sizes ready for mipmaps. use gpmaster to extract largest .tga from relevent .text file and then use gpmaster to reinsert edited version.
Re: TGA and TEX
Date: November 27, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: laurent
Yep, that's right, but dont forget to DOWNSAMPLE your tga's, if you forget this, you become some ugly cars!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy