@Ricardo Lampert: Brazil update

Posted by LarryM 
@Ricardo Lampert: Brazil update
Date: November 18, 2003 12:41AM
Posted by: LarryM
Hi Ricardo,
The Brazil update looks fanstastic. But now that we are hotlapping here, I have noticed problems in mine which are not there when I use my orginal game. This affects only Brazil - your update:

When I turn left out of the pits area, the kerbs are so bumpy they can overturn the car. Also on the pit road to the track, the graphics in cockpit get jumpy. It stops when I get to the track. Then at turn 5 (Decido do lago) there is a white sheet - a gap in the graphics on the upper left to centre of the screen.

Could these be due to your update or is it something else that causes them? In the meantime, I will continue hotlapping with the old version, since I seem to be getting slightly better times- same setup, but everthing seems smoother- weird, Huh?

Post Edited (11-18-03 07:42)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: @Ricardo Lampert: Brazil update
Date: November 18, 2003 11:26AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Ricardo needed to left the scene some weeks for professionnal reason, that's why he (and not I as i wrote) might not reply you soon...

Post Edited (11-18-03 21:42)

Date: November 18, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
@LarryM: I am left of GP4 until 19/december for professional reason but will be nice if you add some screens explaining better about this problem or se send this screens for my second mail ric.lampert@ig.com.br
I promise you observe this things in next version of Interlagos track.
Thanks so much.

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Date: November 18, 2003 09:46PM
Ok, Ricardo. Here is a screenshot of the T5 graphic glitch (it is grey and not white :))
As regards the pitlane exit problem, this cannot be seen on a screen shot. The every turn of the wheel causes the graphics to become nervous. Also if you hit the inside kerb as you turn into the exit lane the car "takes off". This does not happen in the out-of-box track

Do you still want me to send you this pic as e-mail attachment?

Post Edited (11-19-03 04:48)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 18, 2003 10:16PM
Posted by: Priddo
i've got this update but my kurbs are different colours :S

Date: November 19, 2003 12:56AM
You have not got the very latest update Priddo. It is quite recent and it si beautiful- Ricardo made it with love and care. I love this track.

Ricardo: I have now discovered that the graphic glitch above is also with the original track. But it is very strange. When started hotlapping with the original track, I had no bug. Then after several laps I notices a small tear- almost unnoticable. Then with every lap it got bigger and bigger until it reached the same size as in your update. What could cause this?

Larry
Date: November 19, 2003 04:05AM
Posted by: Andy Mad
LarryM, turn off the bump-mapping and see if the problem is gone.

Date: November 19, 2003 10:34AM
Yep, that did it. Bump mapping off: problem gone
Bumb mapping on: problem is back. I wonder if it can be fixed.

Larry
Date: November 19, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: Alex13
I have the same problem when I look rite before I reach the first turn at Canada. Also, the same problem sometimes near the start finish line at Magny-Cours

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: November 19, 2003 11:57AM
OK. Here is another one visible from trackside. Makes no difference bumbmapping on or off. It also flickersd and "rolls"

Larry
Date: November 19, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: fongu
oh yeah, i remember seeing that

Date: November 19, 2003 04:26PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
isn't it why we all just love this game!? ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy