Final Chicane at Nurburgring: the 30ft in the air bug

Posted by iceman kimi 
Has anyone encountered this rather fun bug?

If you try to cut the first part of the chicane, you will be launched up into the air.

i have been fiddling with setups so that i can do front and back flips.(putting wing settings to extremes either end)

is there any reason for this because it was in gp3 aswell!?

Iceman Kimi

turn 2 at austria is also good for flying.
i very nearly jumped over another car there today.
i'll have to try some wing adjustments :)

____
Tony

Try the second chicane at teh old heckemheim also, both the A1-ring and teh heckemheim jumps are fun....so many memories of teh jump at austria. one i lunched beckwards, hit ralf in the head with my RR wheel, he rolled, and i did a 720 and landed upside down and rolled 3 times in a wall...ralf died, so did i.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
yeah i have done the A1-ring jump it was fun went right over a ferrari
hmph...try this
when you're diving into the pit lane at Sepang, don't go in completely, stop half way of the pit lane, block the AI when they wanna come in, they'll try avoid you by going into the gravel, most of them will go to gravel on the left side of the pit lane, and then..............voila! ;)
it's kinda fun to see the replay repeatedly

These events are not bugs as such. Obviously the GP4 crew had some problems with getting the GPS data converted into a format that could actually be put into the game (I even remember Nick Court commenting on this right before the release date). While they seem to have got it right for the tarmac, there are some issues with the grass/gravel/run-off areas. The problem is that visually the area is at one height, but it is actually placed lower, so there are several small spots with dips below ground level. Most of them are innocent and will probably never be found, or even noticed, by the average gamer. Those mentioned above have a less... erm... fortunate placement.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
You can't fly over cars in the Gpx series unfortunately! It just hits the car beneath out of the way as if the car is invisibly extended into the air.

And I have discovered this bug too! You're right, it is funny!

Btw, it could be argued that the jump at corner 2 at A1 isn't a mistake at all. As far as I remember (and I am sure Eddie Jordan does too ;-) ) Sato was pretty much airborne when he took that jump last year.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
If you really want to jump, dust off GP3, download Laguna Seca, and drive the other way around, up the big hill. If you do it right, you'll be airborne for ten seconds or more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Or drive at the right way at the old Kyalami with the 1967 physics set on. You will fly rather high!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Well, what do u know....GP4 could pass as a flight simulator too..

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
lol!!
Infogrames Flight Simulator 4 based on season 2001 ;)

Turn 2, Austria

____
Tony

Can someone made an aircraft carrier mod so we can practise deck landing?

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Few more tips to get that high? seem to be hitting the wrong bit, any particular landmark i should be aiming for? More pictures would be nice as well. And is it possible if someone has got a replay of them doing it to e-mail it to me? cheers
a good enging ended up in a f**ked up aerodynamic team, the result? the car flies! ;)

well, we surely does need some landing strip for those er...what shall we call them? car? plane?

:D thats pretty funny but still need a few tips on getting that high, which part of the chicane do i aim for?
MOOSEMAN4K

you have to dart off the track about 200-300 metres before the corner and go almost up to the inside barrier. then we have lift off.

try not to spin as it will cost speed and hieght.

also try changing ridehieghts and wing ratios front and rear, some quite fun effects.(backflips,frontflips etc)

Iceman Kimi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy