GP4PFedit and java probs

Posted by mad freddie 
GP4PFedit and java probs
Date: November 08, 2003 09:03PM
Posted by: mad freddie
Just downloaded GP4PFedit hoping to improve the horses a little on the Arrows. Already had the Java software from Sun, but when i tried to run the GP4PFedit i got a message saying "cannot open application-unable to load Java virtual machine---class not registered". Ermmm,,,derrrr.Please help, i only want another 10 BHP,so i can get past the Minardi's lol. Am currently using gpxpatch v3.51 (04 Nov) with power team dependant.This is a great site, and from the knowledge base some of you guys most be prof. programmers. I am at your mercy,hehehe.
Re: GP4PFedit and java probs
Date: November 08, 2003 09:08PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I got the same problem. Look for TeamEditor1.1 by Lo2K. It edits all that stuff ;) He has some great other softwares too. Look on [realpgx.free.fr] or in this site for it.

Date: November 08, 2003 10:48PM
Posted by: Caelen
if youre using xp then java is not implemented untill you install service pack 1
Date: November 08, 2003 11:55PM
Posted by: Guimengo
how do we get this pack 1???

Date: November 09, 2003 12:41AM
Posted by: b-tone
probably microsoft.com or if not try google.

if you use gpxpatch or carset manager then you can use another microsft gem to add 10 bhp - notepad

____
Tony

Date: November 09, 2003 06:37AM
Posted by: gav
I've got SP1a (which doesn't have the MS Java included) and run with Sun's Java 1.4.2, and I get the same problems.

Even with the original XP, and with SP1, whether I ran Sun Java or not, I always got the same problem.

I just edit the performance in text files anyway now.
Date: November 09, 2003 11:37AM
Thanks for the responses guys.I downloaded servicepack 1a (through windows update) the night before i downloaded GP4PFedit,so that hasn't fixed it (see gav's comment). But be warned Guimengo,with a 56k modem it took nearly 4 hours starting at 1 a.m.(for a faster transfer rate), cos it archives your original files whether you like it or not,and creates a restore point. Will try TeamEditor 1.
Is it possible to play GP4 online with a 56k modem at a realistic speed, or do you need broadband to make it worthwhile? Would be good to play against human opponents,long as they weren't cheating too much on the horses lol.
Date: November 09, 2003 11:53AM
Can't find TeamEditor1 on site and the addy you put up says "page cannot be displayed" Guimengo,but thanks for trying. Posted a question on the Sun website to see if they could sort it last night, just before i put up the question on here. Still waiting for a response. Will post it here if i get a solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy