Gpx Sat and PO

Posted by meyers 
Gpx Sat and PO
Date: November 09, 2003 08:44AM
Posted by: meyers
heyall, ive had trouble with GP4's processor occupancy, therefore framerate (as ever!!), i drive with most things on high 800*600*16, including aa 4x and af 8x, with a fps of 30, this is great until i noticed that when im driving with classic GPx Sat i.e. not digital and i select to look at a page of 8 positions it clogs my processor by an extra 40-50%!!. This is true for other GPx Sat features. My question is this, should i uninstall GPx Patch v3.51 and use GP4 overlays, or is there a cure for this, because i dont want to lose GPx features, please help!! Thanks folks...

AMD Athlon 2.00ghz
512MB RAM
128 Nvidia Fx5200
Re: Gpx Sat and PO
Date: November 09, 2003 09:24AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
If you deinstall gpxpatch you`ll loose much great features. I recommend that you reinstall gpxpatch cauze on my game gpxsat extensions dont rise avpo as much as on your pc. Only a little bit - not more than 10%.

Try to decrease your fps in gp4 menu (25 fps are not as bad as other sais).

If nothing helps deinstall it but remember you`ll loose good functions.

Try to post this on sdi`s forum. Maybe he can help you out...

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 09, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
Well, try just disabling gpxsat itself, but keep using the other gpxpatch functions, can't u?

Formula One is not dead... It's just a bit tired =D But don't worry, 2005 will be great ;)
Date: November 09, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: meyers
yeah i guess, ill see if rené can help cause i searched this forum, quite commomn apparently...
Date: November 09, 2003 03:58PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I've been using the classic GPxSat mode for ages and never noticed a masive PO hike like that....it could be where you are on the track when you bring it up. For example; driving down the pit-straight normally results in a slight PO jump becuase of all the extra scenery that needs to be drawn (grandstands, pit boxs, and all that). Combine that with bringing up the 8 positions page and the performance difference might become noticiable then say bringing it up down the back straights of Hockenheim where all the comupter has to draw is the trees.

Either way, I wouldn't reccommend getting rid of GPxPatch, its too usefull for other things. Like Arexons said, just disable the GPxSat extention, or switch to digital mode if thats not presenting the same problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy