2003 qualifying rules

Posted by Paulo Ricardo 
2003 qualifying rules
Date: May 13, 2003 06:24PM
Posted by: Paulo Ricardo
Does anybody knows that with GP4tweker it's possible to have the 2003 qualifying rules? Because I haven't seen any comment, I used it to change the helmet position of BAR from Viper and realized that it's possible and really works! It's just setup in GPxPatch qualifying 3 consecutivecars with 3 laps each and it's done. Two things are not available yet, the entry order, still is random and the players car time to enter, because we can enter any time, but still with only one flying lap.

Keep your distance
Re: 2003 qualifying rules
Date: May 14, 2003 03:12AM
Posted by: Madman271
Qualifying rules still in long development and will always comes with new features and bugs fixed on every releases.

This is a little "secret" about upcoming 2003 qual rules which will released in next final version:

1) Player cars must obey their queue number.
2) Apply FIA 2003 qual rules (30 secs timeout and a gap per 5 cars).
3) And more. Still a secret. :)

Gr88ts,
madman
Date: May 14, 2003 05:26AM
Posted by: Paulo Ricardo
Wow! Great news, I was just about starting a new champ, but I will wait, I think that should be one of yours secrets, to define a entry order, replacing that random order, once that player car must obey the order, gonna be amazing!

Thanks, what nice work!

Keep your distance
Date: May 14, 2003 07:47AM
Posted by: Antonio
Hello Madman,
first of all, congratulations for you very great editor!
It's the most important step to GP4 2003 realism!

About the new updates of it, scuse me but I fear I've not understand well: are you going to program the possibility to exclude the non-existent cars such as car 22 and car 23 like current F1 season by your new Tweaker?...
Date: May 14, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: ricky
Hi,

Antonio: Madman didn't say that he will add or remove some cars, did he? As far as I understand his reply above next version will contain a fix for qualifying rules 2003 (means, cars only be able to drive 3 laps and start at fixed order) and a secret :-)

But more or less teams? Don't think so. Qualifying rules doesn't mean that there will be 20 cars, because it's not a rule, that there has to be only 20 cars :-)

Nevertheless, I can't wait for next release :-)

ricky
Date: May 14, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Xero
Unless that's his secret! ;)

Date: May 14, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: ricky
Well, don't think so... - too difficult (didn't he say this in another thread?)...

ricky

Nachricht bearbeitet (05-14-03 19:21)
Date: May 14, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: matt
not trying to be stpid here but when you select the 2003 qualy rules with the tweaker do you need to set gpxpatch laps to 3 or not?
Date: May 14, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: Morbid
Nope. You don't need to do that.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 14, 2003 06:52PM
Posted by: Antonio
Thank you Ricky, but I was only in hope of the possibility about excluding a team! :)
Date: May 15, 2003 02:42AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
You could do it in GP2\3 - there is aline in the config file dat u can stop the drivers from appearing

Date: May 15, 2003 03:29AM
Posted by: Madman271
For 2003 qual rules, there is excluding number of cars settings (e.g. 22 become 20 cars), better be able to adjusted for another tweak. I know some variables which stored the number of cars during a session. I try to decrease it during debugging and seems to be okay. However can't be sure it will make GP4 stable, since lots of car number constants (22) are hard coded in the exe, most of them used during loops.

Gr88ts,
Madman (not Madam as Go_Alesi said) :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy