1980's mod

Posted by b-tone 
1980's mod
Date: May 13, 2003 03:19AM
Posted by: b-tone
does anybody want to help me make a 1980's set (i'm thinking 1982)?
i need car shapes! even a *generic* one would be good.
i'd start painting the cars already, but its not much use doing the liveries first as they wont fit any future shapes.

any takers?
Re: 1980's mod
Date: May 13, 2003 07:39AM
Posted by: Lightsaber
how much have you done at this moment?
Date: May 13, 2003 02:13PM
Posted by: Ellis
but its not much use doing the liveries first as they wont fit any future shapes.

Actaully if you lay out your liveries in a sensible way, then its very possible to get them on new shapes. Dont restrict yourself to one or two tgas either, me and sasjags cars were spread over as much as 6 tgas some times.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 13, 2003 02:28PM
i haven't done any yet, Lightsaber, but i'll start collecting logo/photos/etc soon if i'm going to do it.

does having lots of smaller tgas compared to 2 or 3 large ones affect the gameplay?
are you interested in doing the shape Ellis?
Date: May 13, 2003 03:01PM
does having lots of smaller tgas compared to 2 or 3 large ones affect the gameplay?

Not that i hav noticed. Me and sasjags cars have lots of big TGAs and i didnt notice a difference

Unfortunatly i dont have time to do more shapes at the moment, im sure someone else will tho :)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 13, 2003 03:39PM
Posted by: andrew_S
tbh, i would go against ellis there, you cant really make a car without having the shape :S

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 13, 2003 03:45PM
I can defianlty see how making the shape first would be a massive help, but it think u cud do a basic layout of the livery without the shape. You could collect the sponsors and pictures at the moment (belive me, that takes awhile if its like our GT cars)

Date: May 13, 2003 06:49PM
yeah, but in order to avoid texture warping the texture dimentions, have to be exactly the same as the shape, you cant make the shape based on a texture, so u do it the other way round! :)

Date: May 13, 2003 07:01PM
That is also true!

Date: May 14, 2003 12:51PM
would it be worth the effort (time v performance) to make each ad/graphic on a car its own tga?
most cars have one basic colour which could be stored in a 1x1 tga and the other ads placed accordingly.
it would also make for easy repainting.

____
Tony

Date: May 14, 2003 02:43PM
not really

think if you have a 86 mclaren, you cant add the stripes if you do that, well you can, but the car wouldnt have any join lines, good details, and if you wanted to add a totally different, say williams 86 livery to it you couldnt using that method

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy