3DRims improved ver.

Posted by ViperF1 
3DRims improved ver.
Date: May 10, 2003 08:24AM
Posted by: ViperF1
I'm working on a 3DRims improved version...I'm joining the gp4 rims and Ghsotrider's ones together...there'll be better light mapping and more smooth cockpit tyre...that means the side of tyres won't so strange...
I hope I can finish that work and released it.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: 3DRims improved ver.
Date: May 10, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: LarryM
Great Viper. The present rims look great, but are a bit to "clean and shiny". In any case I have them installed in all versions of my game. - Oh and all of your cars of course. When will the improved version be available?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 10, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

larryM want to suckup any harder? :P

hehe

Date: May 10, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: LarryM
That's downright korny now. When someone does so much work and produces such great material as eg. Viper... and we get it all for free, I think a little graditude is in order. I did include a little "criticism"- did you notice Korny_freak? ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 10, 2003 01:19PM
Posted by: Tigershark
Viper, I hop you can remove those white lines along the tires, and make fitting treads for the wheels...:)

Good to hear you're improving it...

- Sander

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: May 10, 2003 06:34PM
The while lines will be removed of coz...that should be part of outter rims but I think Ghostrider made a bug that it wasn't rendered it as others parts of rims were.
I may also make a side-rim texture that go with Cealen's tyre texture.

I don't know when it can finished but the weekend I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 10, 2003 07:59PM
Posted by: Caelen
ive been worink on some new dry treads to work with 3d rims and i could send em to you if you like.
id been running gp4 with advanced carshader off, because it reduced the frame rate without making much difference. however after re-enabling it my tyres looked completely different, so ive changed them a bit and they now look fine , they also look ok with 3d rims except they dont blend in all that well with the tyre wall, however i think thats a problem with the 3d rims as there doesnt appear to be any reflection on the tyre wall. I altered the alpha channel on the tyre wall texture to fully white however still no reflection appears. i think you already said so but are going to fix the cockpit tyreshape, for me it looks very polygonal and not smooth at all, whereas other views look nice and round.
Date: May 10, 2003 09:53PM
Yes...tyre wall problem , that's the shape's lightting mapping problem and I'm trying to get the tyre from gp4 shape.

Date: May 10, 2003 10:42PM

yeah i saw your critisism LarrM :) and I agree Viper has made some
amazing products for us for free yes.

Date: May 11, 2003 04:02AM
Great!I have created the shape of the tyre and it looks cool in the gp4...but I have some bugs , the "ring" of rims shakes when the wheel rotates , and I have to send it to Ghostrider to map this shape.

Date: May 11, 2003 06:15AM

thats good news well not the bug part but the rest is :D

Date: May 11, 2003 06:31AM

Date: May 11, 2003 08:39AM
WOW!

they look awsome!

Date: May 11, 2003 08:35PM
Posted by: rufiel
Those updated rims look very good, but I was wondering if you will be fixing this bug........

Date: May 12, 2003 05:18AM
Posted by: M|st
rofl :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy