Texture Question

Posted by Jet 
Texture Question
Date: May 08, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: Jet
I downloaded Viper's Ferrari F2003-GA and Bojan's Renault. Both cars are absolutely gorgeous. I have my texture setting to medium, car geometry to high. But when I change it to a lower setting the cars look the same. The same hi res. There is no difference. So I took a look at the hi_*.tex and the low ones in car set creator and the tex files are identical. So here is my question, can you copy all the hi_*.tex files to the low ones to keep the great resolution, while running the game in medium or lower texture, without any real performance hit? Because on a side note when I installed the 2003 Sauber (from this site) the textures was all over the place. I found out that there was no low res. files. So I just copied the Hi ones to the missing low ones and cha-ching it worked. Also, I don't run the game in hi because that is when the textures get all screwed up. Not to mention the performance lost.
Re: Texture Question
Date: May 08, 2003 10:53AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
installed the 2003 Sauber (from this site)

i seen about 3 2003 saubers here :\

Re: Texture Question
Date: May 09, 2003 01:16AM
Posted by: ViperF1
Just waiting...we're release a new F2003GA before AUT GP and that version includes a low-res version

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy