weather again!

Posted by duffman 
weather again!
Date: May 02, 2003 11:56AM
Posted by: duffman
hi all!

before you start a race the last minutes changs come up, is it just me because i find it really hard to read the track conditions. I can see that its going to rain by the picture of the clouds but it doesnt show how wet the circuit is.

for example on an dry track it doesnt show you that so what do you go for inters or dry. Could someone make some better pictures to make it easy to read? if not could someone tell me which files those picture are in so i can change them myself.

and if anyone could try and make a weather editor that would also be very useful.

rob.
Re: weather again!
Date: May 02, 2003 12:24PM
Posted by: iceman kimi
u share my pain!

it says its wet on the screen, you pick inters or full wets, u get onto the grid and everyone else is on slicks!

what a pisser!
Date: May 02, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: duffman
yeh i know how stupid!!!!
Date: May 02, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: Caelen
perhaps ask at the gpx patch forum, it may be possible to make it so you change youre tyres whilst on the grid, that way you could see whatever the weather is really like before you finally decide on tyres.
Date: May 02, 2003 08:50PM
Posted by: DAW182
If u pay close attention it does tell u..

on the left u have the track conditions, theres a little bar if that is empty then theres no water on track if the bar is half full or full it means there water in places or all around the track, also the cloud in the track section state if it is raining how hard and what kinda rain is falling at that time.

then u got the section next to it the sky section showing u what is predicted for the rest of the race..

its a little confusing but does tell u whats going on but u gotta pay attention coz it may state the track maybe wet but everything else is sunny or vice verser where the track is dry but has just started raining soo yeah :)
Date: May 03, 2003 02:13AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
ah i see!

i thought the bar on the left was temperature

i always wondered the significance of that!

Cheers DAW182

Iceman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy