car graphics probs

Posted by the_boy 
car graphics probs
Date: April 27, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: the_boy
sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere but i have a problem with updated cars. When u see them from tv view or from another car at a medium distance, they either appear as their old original car (i.e. the ferrari f2003-ga appears like the f-2001) or appear really simplified with only a few colours (i.e. the ferrari is all red). It only occurs with the new carshapes/liveries so it must be something i'm not doing. Thanks if anyone can help...
Re: car graphics probs
Date: April 27, 2003 03:47AM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
see you have to install the complete downloaded set of the car with all the tex files contained in it. like hi_ferrari_1 and _2 and _3 and the ferrari_1 and _2 _3 etc. these are the texture files which are used by gp4 in different views. when you are driving it uses one tex file and if you are switching drivers it uses other tex files. maybe you have updated only one tex file and the rest are still the old ones or the original ones. hope this works
Re: car graphics probs
Date: April 27, 2003 06:02AM
Posted by: ViperF1
If you are using my F2003GA,just downsample the texture with GP4Master and Re-set them to 1024x1024 by TEXResizer and then insert them into WADs

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy